Monday 22 January 2018

Bringing some warmth to a cold January day

It's a cold January day and time for my weekly dose of inspiration for Visible Image. The new release stamps shared last week have gone down a storm in the crafting world.  Mark and Helen are now  flying home from Creativation in the USA.  America has fallen in love with their stamps just much as we hoped (and knew!) that they would.  I am so proud and delighted for them. Although all the new release stamps have now been shown I have not yet shared a sample that I made using the awesome new seahorse stamp.

I for one am missing the heat of the summer sun at the moment so to get you in the mood for my project I thought I would first share some hot sunny photos from previous holidays...



Ahh that's better...now back to seahorses...I have a real "thing" about seahorses (as I do mermaids) and I was thrilled to see that in the new release Mark had designed this totally awesome seahorse...with a little Visible Image grunge of course. He is on pre order here

Isn't he gorgeous! The words and the little ripple stamps in the set are fab too.

I decided to make a wall hanging for my sample and this is what I got up to.
We had just had our son's dog to stay. These dog food boxes are made of very sturdy cardboard and I use them lots in my crafting. I cut my card to size and used 2 pieces glued together to give a sturdy base.
I then covered the base with hessian.

I used lots of sunny alcohol inks to create a seaside background and stamped and coloured my seahorse on tissue paper. I stuck this to card and fussy cut out.
 I then added the sentiment and some waves using the other stamps in the fab seahorse set.
I embossed some "seaweed" over the top of my seahorse using stamps from the Organics stamp set. 

These stamps are perfect for tree, branches, seaweed and anything "organic"

I mounted it onto my hessian hanging and added photo corners and some handmade artisan lampwork glass beads to represent glass sea buoys.

I added a string hanger and my seahorse was ready to wave.


I would like to enter my seahorse wall hanging into the following challenges;

Simon says stamp Wednesday add a sentiment
Let's Craft and Create 2/3 anything goes
Noor UK anything goes
Creative Artiste anything mixed media
Mixed media challenge 1/3 ring in the new mine is my new seahorse stamp
Image may contain: text

You can also check out Visible Image via these links;


Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group can be found here ...it would be lovely to see you. You can add work to the "Show and Tell" album where one randomly chosen winner each month wins a £25 coupon to spend on the website.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are weekly stamp giveaways...open world wide!

And the shop web site is here; where all these gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased. 

You can also follow via:



and


My seahorse has been waving from the side of the Visible Image desk at Creativation..I hope he is enjoyed his trip the the USA! It has been amazing to see my artwork helping to decorate their amazing booth. Do check out their photos on Facebook...it has been a showstopper and their trip a total success. An even greater crafting journey now awaits Visible Image...a vision has come true...through creativity, originality, dedication and sheer hard work by Helen and Mark. It is so well deserved. 

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

15 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning and such gorgeous colours!! Thanks so much for adding this to our Mixed Media Monthly January challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I must admit I did wonder what you were going to make out of a dog food box but it's absolutely brilliant!! :)
    Thanks for those blue skies too!!
    Happy new week my dear,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the artistic take on this seahorse! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Add a Sentiment” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the lovely pictures and the summer vibs dear jane!
    Beautiful project!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the warm sea photos.. and I also love seahorses, they are so cute! Your wall hanging is wonderful! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really sweet and you brought in many aspects of the sea. So cute. Thank you for your kind email🌹

    ReplyDelete
  7. You mix and match your stamp collections brilliantly my friend. This is a stunning piece of work love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, your wall hanging is wonderful. I like it very much.
    Greetings Carola

    ReplyDelete
  9. That seahorse is amazing, and I love how you've paired it with the organics set. Beautiful AI background, so perfect for this sweet seahorse! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning! I am itching to get my hands on this stamp myself and hoping it arrives soon now Helen and Mark are back from their travels. Thank you for sharing with us by playing along at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge blog this month. Good luck.
    Lynda x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful blue sea pictures and a stunning seahorse card! Thank you for this cheery post Jane. xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oops sorry Jane, I meant to say wall hanging! And I do love those beautiful lamp work beads too! xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. A super wall hanging. A fabulously summery background with the inks and wonderful decorative textures.
    Thank you for joining in with our January challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Happy New Year and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  14. The seahorse looks nice and the watercolor background with its fresh colors is well done. I also like the embossed coral , it makes it a bit 3 dimensional.
    Dear Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a lovely wall hanging, thank you for joining us at Noor Designs UK for our ‘Anything Goes’ Challenge, hope to see you again. Emma DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x