Wednesday 15 November 2017

A Frozen 4th birthday

It's hard to believe but my darling granddaughter Daisy was 4 on Saturday and she celebrated with a "Frozen" party. It was such a wonderful day and she had a party with her friends in a local leisure centre followed by a family tea party at her home. 
I know that I teased you with a sneak peek of the cake I made so here it is on the table at the party
There were 24 littles one and this was the calm before the storm in the party room at the centre
The place settings my daughter bought were delightful
and here are the kids enjoying their feast including yummy fresh fruit kebabs for pudding.
They enjoyed pass the parcel too
Daisy blew out her candles with glee.
After her party with her friends we had another celebration at her home with the family which included more lovely food and more candle blowing

 I managed to get some really great quality models from Amazon, the perfect size to use for a cake and for Daisy to have afterwards to play with.
I cut lots of snowflakes out of icing and made a frozen river.

I also made some snowballs and created a snowy scene.

For her card I needed a focal and as I was about to throw away the packaging from the models I spotted some Elsa and Anna images I could use.
I also decided to recreate the colours for the background of my card using Fresco paints.
I used a brayer to achieve the colours and textures
I made my focal...adding the image which I fussy cut out to my brayered backing card.

This is her card. I hand stamped the sentiment and added lots of die cuts.

I had a tiny piece of packaging left so I made a tag using paints and a snowflake stamp.
which looked like this

and here is the card and pressie all wrapped..
I would like to enter my card and tag into the following challenges;

Pixies Snippets playground #307/8 I would like to enter my cake, card and tag. The cake uses lots of snippets of icing and the card and tag uses snippets of the models packaging as well as snippets of card!
The ribbon girl 3/3 November card challenge
Happy little stampers anything goes with dies
Noor UK Winter
Dies R Us snow
Craft Heaven 1/3 winter wonderland
Card Mania anything goes

Just to close I wanted to share a photo which my Hb took...I rarely appear in our family photos as am the photographer in the family. I love this one...me and my darling girlie xxx.... it was a magical day. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind comments.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

16 comments:

  1. Looks like a truly magical day! Everything you made looks wonderful and was obviously made with loads of love, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had such a wonderful day and Daisy's cake was just fabulous...bet you all had your hands full with 24 little ones running riot, but it makes for fun memories!
    Love your clever use of the packaging to make your card and tag, which turned out beautiful and perfectly themed, of course! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a wonderful post Jane - and the cake and card are just gorgeous! Mia and Livi were crazy for Frozen a year or two ago and to make a card with the theme captured so perfectly will surely have delighted little Daisy! Bless her cotton socks :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a wonderful day to be had by all....FABULOUS makes by you Jane...great effort put in by Daisy's mum and beautiful photo of you and Daisy at the end...certainly one for the album. Must say I'm glad those days are over for me they are so hard work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe what a brilliant party!!! Everything was amazing!
    That cake is absolutely brilliant and I love how you used the packaging for the card and tag....so clever.
    So glad Daisy had a fabulous birthday...great pic of you two! :)
    V xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a grand and fabulous party for darling Daisy and all her friends! The cake is stupendous! I was left wondering what you gave her for her gift. :-) I love the photo of two of you and I feel privileged to be your friend from across the world and still get to watch your darling girl grow. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cake is fabulous Jane! And I love how you made the gorgeous card using the packaging....so clever. Your little Daisy’s party looks perfect (our little Daisy had a Frozen party too for her 5th birthday,) Have a lovely week. Xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty and festive! Looks like a wonderful day for everyone! Thanks so much for sharing and entering the Happy Little Stampers ATG w/ Dies Challenge for November!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Jane ... this is all so awesome! What a thrilling party day for the birthday girl! Your cake is AMAZING and how clever of you to repurpose that packaging for her card! All of it is just fabulous! A day she will remember always!! Well done!!! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘SNOW’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what an awesome cake!! Frozen is such a great birthday theme, and it looks like you had all the trimmings! The card is just gorgeous!! The blues and purples are so perfect and all the snowflakes are amazing! Love the glittery reindeer and big glitter number 4! Daisy must have been so thrilled at her party and her card and matching tag! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. She looks like she loved her cake, party, gifts and the special card and tag you made. I bet her mom will save it and should with all the effort you placed in the making of this card and tag. I love the soft colours with the Frozen characters. The cake is amazing which she must have loved.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet granddaughter you have. It's amazing how fast she's grown! I remember when she was just a baby! Lovely cake you made and the card is great too. So creative and I'm sure everyone liked to cake too. Happy 4th birthday to Daisy and many more. Nice photo of you two together! Sweet memories!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so delightful! You did an amazing job with your design, Jane. Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Dies R Us.

    Barbara
    Dies R Us Challenge Blog DT
    http://carterie-creative.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't they all love Frozen? These are amazing works of art and Daisy must have loved them. x AlisonC Snippets GD

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Jane,

    These are the cutest, the cake, the card BUT the most adorable of all is the birthday girl, 4 already! Wow, time really flies! You seem so very happy there with your sweetheart ❤!

    Happy week my dear, only a few weeks until... ;)

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH MY GOSH!! I could have never dreamed of a party this incredible!! Wow amazing!!! And to follow that up with the amazing idea's for card and tag?! I'm almost speechless. LOL! Thank you for joining us at Noor! Design UK this month for our "Winter" challenge. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x