Monday 5 June 2017

Say cheese....

Good morning again, this is my 2nd post today and I am back with my weekly Monday Design Team inspiration for Visible Image. There is a new challenge for June over on Facebook and our theme this month is to add "dimension".

 As you well know my trusty camera comes everywhere with me and I capture lots of moments with it.
Here are a couple of my most recent snaps.
I took this photo of my daughter proudly sharing her first strawberry crop when we were in Southampton on Saturday.
And these photos of my darling grandchildren. Jack is now beginning to smile..but I didn't quite manage to catch it 😁 more a happy shrug!
But I did capture this precious moment of Daisy with her brother, she loves him so much.
I also snapped my first flowers blooming in my hanging basket.

I have always loved being outside in the garden and I have some treasured vintage photos from my childhood, mostly black and white. My brother and I used to play in our family garden for hours and hours....Sindy Doll and Action Man featured a lot! I decided to use a scanned copy of my darling brother and I in the garden circa 1963. Don't you love my furry slippers 😉
For my card I decided to use the brilliant  Capture the Moment VI set. 
It is available to buy here

I made myself a Distress Oxide ink background
and added some background stamps and stencilling;  I used words from the destination unknown set
and scripted streets set
I also embossed the great Smile stamp which comes with the Capture the Moment set.
I  added some circles using Archival Ink from the  universal set.

 I decoupaged the camera in 3 layers to give a 3D effect. I also coloured the metal parts of the camera silver.


The words from the set were embossed in white and I distressed the edge of the plaque to "age" it.
 The vintage style photo corners added to the vintage effect. I stuck foam under the plaque again adding dimension.


I then put everything together and below is my finished card.

I hope these techniques and ideas may inspire you to join our June challenge over on Facebook.
You might even be the lucky winner of the £40 voucher to spend on the website...and that could treat you to some of the fab 3 sets of brand new stamps.
The amazing new release is being launched on Create and Craft TV this Friday, 9 June..more details to follow later this week. They can also all be pre ordered on the Visible Image website now and if you pre order before 6 June using the code ITSTIME you can get Free UK or International postage! 

All the links to Visible Image are below;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group can be found here ...it would be lovely to see you. You can add work to the "Show and Tell" album where one randomly chose winner each month win a £25 coupon to spend on the website. Our 2nd themed challenge, "dimension", is  also up and running until 28 June. There is another £40 voucher up for grabs for the winner of this. 

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are weekly stamp giveaways...open world wide!

And the shop web site is here; where all these gorgeous stamps can be purchased. 


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges

                                                         
                                         Happy Little Stampers watercolour 3/3 anything goes
                                           Simon Says stamp Wednesday 3/5 anything goes
WOW embossing powder Summer
Stamping sensations 1/3 favourite stamp...I have so many but the camera from the Capture The Moment set is one of them.
Sweet Stampin 1/3 for Dad's or special men

I cannot end my post without mentioning the latest atrocities to blight our country. My darling husband walks across London Bridge every single work day on his way to and from work. Our thoughts are with those innocent souls who were murdered and for their loved ones left behind. When M goes to work today he faces a more delayed journey....but that is nothing compared to the start of the new week for those involved and their families.  We must however vow to continue to live our lives as normal and not let terror make us cower.

Back soon

Bye for now

Jane x

13 comments:

  1. Sooo jealous of Emily's strawberries, Jane! Doesn't look like mine will come to much this year, I think I need to renew my plants as they've done well!
    Your childhood photograph is so lovely and you have converted it into a beautiful card - I love all your inky techniques and think I may have to give in and purchase some Distress Oxide inks, as I love the chalky finish they give.

    It is such terrible times were are living in at the moment and I have to be thankful for the fact that we live in an area which is relatively sheltered from such events as recently. It still can't help but touch you and make you hug your loved ones a little closer, but as you say, life must go on and we must ensure that these people do not force us to live in fear. Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with everything Lisa said. Wonderful photos of generations of happy relatives. I'm glad to see Daisy looks happy with her little brother. The strawberries look huge or your daughter has tiny hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An adorable creation Jane and the new Oxides are just the best and so much fun. Many thanks for sharing your (current) favourite stamp with us at Stamping Sensations challenge, it was as hard for me choosing as well as it changes almost daily.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jack is growing and looking so sweet! I'm sure that Daisy is a loving big sister. It was fun to see you and your brother when young. Your card speaks to me due to my love of photography.. someone will treasure that! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what gorgeous looking strawberries! love the pics of your lovely grandchildren too.. no wonder you are so proud of them. Great card, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fantastic card Jane and I LOVE how you Decoupaged the camera.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful card that your brother would love! I love the picture of the both of you with your cute Louise Brooks haircut. The vintage feel really come across

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos, those strawberries look delicious. Cool decoupage camera. thank you for sharing your project at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! I may have to invest in that stamp... Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great project Jane. (Strawberries look lush and your pics are fab!) Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the pics! Beautiful watercoloring! Thanks for playing along with us at HLS Watercolor Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fabulous creation using your favourite stamps of the moment! thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x