Monday 15 August 2016

My Tuscany memories preserved forever

Thanks so much for all your support and lovely comments you left for my Tim Holtz Creative Chemistry 103 over the last 2 weeks. I'm glad I did it "live" but it really was full on and I was pleased to have the time to finish off my holiday Journal from our recent trip to Tuscany.  I bought a Pink Pig sketchbook for this purpose and if you missed that post you can read about it here.

Daisy, despite only being 2 3/4 years old, is an avid crafter and I also bought her a little cheapie scrapbook to work in as I knew she would like to follow Nanna.  She loved it and we spend many moments putting them together at our glorious villa. I love this photo...so much concentration in one darling little girl.


We made backgrounds using Paperartsy infusions, stencils and stamps.
This was the idyllic terrace where we sat and crafted.

I also took my Instax camera and took lots of instant photos for us both.  I also used my regular camera and printed out some photos when I got home.

Each day I wrote an index card for Daisy and one for myself with a short summary of our day. For her cards she chatted about what we had done and then she agreed what she wanted me to write.
Here are some pages from my darling girls journal.
This is her little journal I bought (from Wilkinson's for just £3)
Here is one of her backgrounds she created. Impressive for a 2 year old I think!

and here are some of her sweet pages...she made these herself...I just stuck things in for her. I love the way she added her own "writing" after mine...she repeats the words as she add those squiggles, bless her.

Although I didn't have much time to sit and paint I did have 2 sessions when I got out my travel watercolour set and had my first try at "proper"painting.  I decided to try to paint the view from where we crafted. It was so idyllic and the only sound to be heard was the buzzing of the bees.



Below is my finished painting...please be gentle....I don't have any art training at all but I tried to get some shade and tones despite the limited palette of colours and time. I used some separate watercolour paper as I didn't want to risk ruining my journal with any spillage. I then mounted it in my journal when I got home.


So here is my completed holiday journal...I stuck some ribbon under some card on the inside covers so that I can tie it together. My added ephemera made it bulky.
The quality of the papers from Pink Pig is excellent and it really took the inks and water media really well.

Here are some of the pages from my journal


Little instax photos from our wedding anniversary celebrations in San Gimignano.
and remember the "Bliss" tag I created and blogged about whilst away. If you missed it have a look here first ........
Well here is it in my journal
The page below is special as Daisy picked up the doily from under a dish served to us at a restaurant we ate at. She gave it to me to "put in my scrapbook". She has the makings of a real crafter in her, seeing inspiration and useful ephemera everywhere.

It's a wonderful memory of our trip.

I would like to enter my holiday journal into the following challenges.

Anything but cute inspiration photo I was inspired by all photos, especially the flowers and created a very "vintage garden" themed Tuscan journal.
A Vintage Journal stencil it..I used lots!
Paperartsy patterns all my backgrounds were created using different patterns of stencils and stamps. Each double page is unique.
Snippets Playground 242 I have used soo many snippets to decorate my journal.
We love to create 1/2 anything creative/mixed media
Pile it on Make 3/3 your own background
Rhedd's Creative Spirit August
Stamplorations August mixed media stencil Sunday I used so many stencils in my journal!


I also added that wonderful Dr Zeuss quote in the back of  mine and Daisy's journal.

Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment.....
Until it becomes a memory.

How true that is and how many treasured memories I hold of our wonderful holiday we shared with Daisy and Co.
I just wanted to share 2 final photos from our Tuscany adventure...
 Do you think I love my sweet granddaughter.....just a bit ;0) What a lucky Nanna I am.


We've had a very chilled weekend as we babysat my furry grandson..the lovely Bear, my son's dog. He watched me craft too in my garden studio. I have been working on my Z piece for the latest letter in the dictionary challenge...it's a fun one!

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x



27 comments:

  1. Congrats to Karen for winning the prize, and you're a lucky girl too for getting to spend such a wonderful vacation with the ones you love the most. I like the part where Daisy gave you the doily :) Definitely following in your footsteps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe how lovely!!! What a little cutie crafting away....sooooo sweet!
    Your journal is beautiful Jane and such a lovely momento of your amazing family holiday and Daisy's is absolutely brilliant!!!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post and fab quote about a moment becoming a memory too. Love your journal pages -especially the BLISS tag. Wonderful!

    I think your art is great and a good likeness. I know how difficult it is when you have no training as I had a go at some art myself yesterday - and I have no training either! Those lips took me 4 attempts! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fabulous dear Jane! So much love went into all the work here - yours and little Daisy's. Too cute about the doily as well :) What wonderful memories - whatever the future brings I do hope that your wonderful journals will be handed down the generations to treasure.

    Great to see you in the Playground!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful memories to cherish. I think of my mom who said she wished she could leave something for my brother and I and I told her that she and my dad left something that is more valuable than money or land and that is love, memories and tradition. You grand daughter may not remember this moment when she is older but the photos and what was created will be cherished. She is a budding artist! She has a good eye for colours and placement which is impressive and I am not kidding! I love your journal and love your painting. Thanks for sharing this with us. We could do a virtual travel with you

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a delightful post Jane - your love from Daisy shouts from the page - wonderful - love it all xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful Tuscan adventure! I'm sure you have instilled in Daisy a love of all things crafty that will stay with her! Beautiful art work and lovely images in this delightful post! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delightful post my friend, love your painting, your gorgeous book and sweet, sweet Daisy. Having a fabulous time coming down highway 1 on the west coast, California is such a beautiful state. Not getting much time to scrap with my girlies with 10 of us travelling together but making wonderful memories. Take care xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Jane,

    I so so so loved this post! Your sweet Daisy and my beloved niece are so close to same age I know how wonderful doing things together is, but wow! how impressed I am of Daisy's creations! She definitely takes after you, and oh how lovely times you'll have ahead, you creative duo! And that journal is simply piece of art!

    Have a lovely and creative week, my friend, hope sun stays at yours, it's pouring here...

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Jane,

    Your post is so special and is making me smile for so many reasons but the first one is it radiates LOVE. The love you have for your darling Daisy, for your craft and also for life! Your happiness is palpable!
    I love your book and find Daisy most impressive!
    It would be lovely if she could follow in Nana's footstep ;o)
    Your painting is beautiful too and these Instax in your book...boy do they make me smile too!
    Love the backgrounds you have created and your hat!
    As you have gathered I could go on and on...thank you Jane, thanks for sharing your art and happiness with us!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jane, in all my time blogging, which is so limited right now, yours is one that I find delight in visiting. So pure and honest! I'm delighted by your photos, especially that of Daisy working in her journal and the two shots of you and her at the end. Such love...

    Your watercolor is wonderful and again, a great way to preserve that beautiful view!

    Your own journal is a lovely memory of that fabulous vacation you took this summer. Thank you for sharing it with us in our Shabby Garden Mood Board challenge at Anything But Cute. Hugs! Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what an amazing book of memories you have put together!! Such wonderful photos of a beautiful vacation and now you have a permanent record of all those precious moments! I am just loving that shot of you and Daisy together, what a sweet pic!! sending hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, what a beautiful way to keep the memory of your summer vacation, Jane! I love how you used watercolors and your photos are awesome! It's marvelous!
    Thank you so much for joining in our Shabby Garden Mood Board challenge at Anything But Cute! Hugs! Branka DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A gorgeous journal of holiday memories Jane! So lovely to see little Daisy crafting with you too...and so nice she is allowed to use 'proper' craft materials to work with as well. Your photos are beautiful and brought back memories of when we were in Tuscany a few years ago...such a lovely place. The pictures of you and Daisy together are gorgeous!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Tuscany and your lovely record of it will give you fabulous memories. Your granddaughter's is fabulous, and she obviously loved doing it. We are in the Highlands with my three grandchildren and I don't think any of them cold do as well.The youngest one Eleanor is a little monkey and I don't think she could sit still that long.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Once again I don't know where to start -- Let's go for your water color first. Jane I was wowed by your water color -- water color is definitely not easy to work with. Can I come live with you for a while? In exchange for lessons I will cook and clean for you! I love your spontaneous water color painting.
    No grandmother could love her grand daughter more than your love for Daisy. She is a doll and it sure is a pleasure watching her grow up. It is obvious she loves being with you and doing her magic with art!
    Your art journal is fabulous - I have to finish what I started and get it posted. I don't like it but I have to start somewhere!!
    My favorite picture? The black and white of you kissing Daisy. That needs to be blown up, framed and hung on your wall!!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful holiday you must have had in that beautiful villa. Your journal is great and will hold so many treasured memories!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning journaling as always Jane - and the concentration on her face is just adorable. Thanks for joining in with us over at WeLove2Create challenge this week xx http://welove2create.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/challenge-17-anything-creativemixed.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fabulous blog post Jane..loving your little granddaughter busy creating her backgrounds for you..and I must say they are stunning..and of course very special to you.
    A beautiful journal..thank you for sharing with us all at Rhedd's Creative Spirit..x

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely journal Jane, and that's some great pages for a two-year-old too! Thank you for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so sweet! I may have to get my grandsons in the craft studio soon! Thanks so much for sharing such a lovely project with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great job Jane, good way to start them young. Thanks for joining us at a Vintage Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sucha beautiful way to documents your memories and knowing your little gal has hasd input - something else so special - Thank you for sharing with us over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.

    Handcrafted by Ellapu
    Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
    Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
    DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Jane what a lovely blog post you created and an even lovelier journal to record you memories. Thank you for joining us for the September Mixed Media Challenge over at STAMPlorations.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is a lovely blog post Jane....gorgeous photos, journal pages and grand daughter! Thank you for joining our September Mixed Media challenge at STAMPlorations. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Apologies///that should say August Mixed Media Challenge!! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  27. How wonderful to see your moments shared with little Daisy! Your journal is stunning but I'm sure that a few pictures here really don't do it justice - it should be viewed in real life to achieve the full effect. I have to admit that your grandaughter's journal rather stole the show - so talented at only 23/4!!Thanks so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Julia x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x