Saturday 17 February 2018

Gems in the rain

The weather has been very fickle for the last few weeks. Dismal rainy days followed by glorious sunshine. In 12 hours we can go from saturation to blue skies. British weather certainly is not boring.
I have been trying to get out into the garden to tidy up a little but realistically there is not a lot I can do at the moment. I still love looking around and seeing what is going on in my little patch of earth. I spotted raindrops on my new lupin leaves and thought how beautiful they looked trapped in their centres. I grabbed my camera and took these photos.

 To me they looked just like little sparkling gems..so beautiful.







I have been busy making new stock for Dotty's Teahouse and I finally had a chance to play with a gorgeous new Lavinia fairy stamp I won a few weeks back in the Ink Arts challenge over on Facebook. I made my card and then thought I would add some jewels (gold glitter) to the centre of my flowers and also a few sequins for extra sparkle. Mother Nature gives me so much free inspiration for my cards, even in the rain!


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Stamping sensations 1/3 anything with flowers
C.R.A.F.T Mother's day/female
Crafty catz 1/3 anything goes
Fashionable Stamping 1/3 one for the girls

The weekend weather is looking pretty good and yesterday was a gorgeous blue sky one so I may well be able to get out into the garden. Enjoy yours and I will see you bright and breezy on Monday morning with my weekly Visible Image DT post.
Thanks for stopping by today and for the kind comments you take the time to leave me, I really appreciate every single one. I would also like to warmly welcome my newest followers, it's lovely to see you joining me here on my creative journey.

Bye for now,

Jane x


14 comments:

  1. Hi your card is stunning and I love your photos. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge blog for challenge 455 the theme is Mother’s Day/ Female and the sponsor is Sweet’n’Sassy. Hugs Jackie (GDT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty sunshiny card....matching the weather here today...thankfully!
    Enjoy your weekend my dear,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, really pretty. Thank you for joining the CRAFT challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card Jane...beautiful photos too. weather wet and miserable here to day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Lupine diamonds photos are gorgeous, Jane! I love this card, the hanging plum blossoms remind me of Sumi ink paintings of plum blossom. Keep warm and enjoy your weekend! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's like a diamond on each. Very pretty photos and a pretty card too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really magical floral creation for our 'Flowers' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge, a big fan of Lavinia and succumbed to a few more yesterday, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely drop of sunshine on a grey day! Thanks for sharing this lovely card with us at Stamping Sensations

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card with that enchanting fairy ( it's onmy wish list!)

    Thanks for joining us at stamping Sensations this month

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz good luck in the draw and dont forget we are running our gdt call for March.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, they really do look like crystals sitting in the middle of the flowers! How beautiful the way they catch the light and reflection! Your card is wonderful, love that bright and cheery yellow. The fairy is magical and the bling is gorgeous! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. :) Beautiful!
    Thank you for joining us at the CRAFT challenge this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful card. You created a lovely fairy scene and I realy like the added sequoins for the shine. Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamping Sensations. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a very beautiful card. Love it.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
    Greetings Carola

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x