Saturday 11 November 2017

Holly for Christmas

Good morning  it's my turn to share some more inspiration for our November stencils challenge over at Country View. For my first card I shared a snowflake card here. I used more contemporary colours of blue and silver

For today's card I have gone very traditional.
I love reds and greens and to me Holly epitomizes the spirit of Christmas
 I used one of Tim Holtz' traditional Santa stamps....to me this is the image of Father Christmas 😃 I added some colour with distress markers
 and used these Christmassy distress oxides for my background

I added holly stencilling...
I didn't want to cover up all the background so I kept my design very simple. The sentiment is also Tim Holtz' 
You still have until 30 November to enter our Stencils challenge...I really hope that you can join us.

Remember that you can enter as many times as you like and combine with any other challenges. Your make can be anything creative! You may even be the lucky random winner of the £20 CVC voucher.

 You will find all the details here

I would like to add my card to the following challenges;

Happy Little Stampers anything goes
We love to Create 3/3 anything mixed media
Crafting with an attitude 3/3 anything goes
Creative Artiste 3/3 anything mixed media
Mix it up 3/3 anything goes, optional stencilling
Noor UK Winter
The Ribbon Girl 1/3 November any card challenge
That's Crafty 1/3 stencils

Thanks for stopping by today, I have a very important date today with a special birthday girl....yes my darling granddaughter Daisy is 4 today and we are heading off to her celebrations...with my Frozen birthday cake...here's a sneak peek...

all will be revealed soon!

Bye for now,

Have a lovely weekend,

Jane x

14 comments:

  1. Great Mixed Media Christmas Card, Jane. I need to work on mine... The cake looks fa-bu-lous, I would hate to cut into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Jane! I love the distress oxide background, such a fabulous colour mix and snowstorm pattern! Great choice of stamps, Santa's halo of holly is a great pop of colour!! I've never seen wild holly before, that is so amazing! Looks like you had a bit of snow there too, they threatened us with snow Thursday night, but it didn't amount to anything. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to say WOW on the cake, and a Happy Birthday to Daisy! hugs :)

      Delete
    2. Pamellia..it's just the sunlight reflected on the leaves..pretty isn't it! No snow likely...it's still very mild at the mo xx

      Delete
  3. Fabulous tinting of the Father Christmas image, and great vintage look to that panel - and it looks great against that abundance of holly. Great looking cake too - hope you have been having fun celebrating.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Daisy! Lucky girl to get such a pretty cake and loving grandma :) Wishing you many more happy birthdays together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!*!*!* to dear little Daisy! What a fabulous cake you made! Your card is beautiful too. Enjoy your weekend! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hard to beat a traditional Christmas card and this one certainly has all the traditional elements.....lovely!
    Happy 4th birthday to little Daisy, I hope her day was everything she wanted it to be.
    Her cake is amazing....excellent work Jane, I bet that went down well!! Wow!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Firstly I have to say congratulations on your birthday cake, its absolutely gorgeous and I bet your grand-daughter didn't want to cut it up!! Your background on your card is equally as gorgeous, love the green and red mixed together, I don't know how you did that without it getting all muddy. Its a fabulous card and I'm so glad you shared it with us at Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. More amazing work!!!!!
    Thanks for this project for MIUCB too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving all your stencil work and thank you for the reminder about that fabulous stamp as I have it somewhere amongst my collection. Best Wishes in the That's Crafty Stencil it Challenge and I hope Daisy had a fabulous Birthday.
    Tracey DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. A super card and a fabulous background.
    Thank you for joining in with our November challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous and festive card. I love the background... and the cake looks fabulous too! Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely stunning! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the Mix It Up Challenge Blog's November "Anything Goes + Stenciling" challenge!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, MIUCB DT
    Love To Scrap 2
    Love To Scrap!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x