Monday 30 October 2017

Billy's box

Hello it's Billy here, Jane's cat.
Jane hasn't spotted me asleep on the table cover in the garden............

 I know how much everyone enjoys my occasional posts so as Jane had some samples on Visible Image Stamps' Create and Craft TV shows at the weekend she has allowed me to post today as some of her projects were cat themed.

Come on down to her garden studio.

She made a mixed media wall hanging using the awesome  Curious cat stamp set ,

and mesh-ellaneous background stamps.
This mixed media wall hanging started life as a very brown, very ordinary tomatoes packaging box. .....little did I know what she had planned...it involved a lot of paint and ink and I nearly changed my white feet to multi coloured.

It was a bit too small for me...I prefer much bigger boxes....like this one
 This is my sleeping place, when I'm not on Jane's bed...I even have a blanket that she crocheted just for me.

So back to the tomato box.....
this is what Jane got up to. She blended some autumn inspired distress inks and added gold metallic ink through the strobes stencil.
Blended acryllic paints around the edges of the box
and  added some patterns using stamps from the Mesh-allaneus set.
She also stamped little paw prints around the edge.
She altered some coffee stirrers with acrylic paints to make fence posts
and made a really textured backing using corrugated card, inks, gesso, gold paint and crackle paint. 
Of course the nose was coloured pink...just like mine 😻 Do you think this look suits me?
So then it was time to put everything together and make her "Billy's Box".
Here it is complete with ribbon to hang....and me to swing from...
a side view
and some close ups...there's my friend Blackie who comes to visit me and walks along the trellis in the garden.

and one more view
Jane would like to enter this into the following challenges...goodness me my paws are getting tired from all this typing..

Simon Says stamp Wednesday anything goes
Rhedd's Creative spirit October
Pixie's Snippets playground week 305/6
Rubber Dance animals
A vintage journey crazy for autumn colour
Creative inspirations autumn/halloween

All the Visible Image links can be found here;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group can be found here ...it would be lovely to see you there. You can add work to the "Show and Tell" album where one randomly chosen winner each month wins a £25 coupon to spend on the website.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are weekly stamp giveaways...open world wide!

And the shop web site is here; where all these gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased. 

You can also follow via:


That's me done then, I will no doubt be back soon as it's very nearly the time of the year when Jane starts bringing trees inside the house..something to do with the Man in the red suit I think. If you would like to see what happened last year take a look at this post from last December.  I'd better keep a look out. Mind you I think it's Halloween tomorrow night so I think some broomstick riding is more likely for me. 😺


Well actually, if I'm being honest I'm more likely to be snoozing here 



 Bye for now,

Billy (I'm the one with the pink nose) 

and Jane x

12 comments:

  1. Billy's posts are my absolute favourite! HA! What a great project Jane, how perfect is that cat stamp set for you and Billy! Love the camouflage effect on the base, and the colourful background behind the kitty face! The sentiments are wonderful and those little cats perched on the twig bits are a great design element!! Hope you enjoyed your weekend. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Billy your blog is super informative and very cute.. Hugs for your Mummy and pettings for you :)

    Erika x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe Billy you're such a handsome chap and you do write a good blog post!
    You definitely wouldn't want to sleep in that box, its much too pretty for sleeping in. What a great job Jane has done, lovely to see your friend Blackie and I love the sentiment....how true is that!!
    So lovely to hear from you again Billy, until the next time,
    V x
    P.S. Pink noses are the best! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw Billy..my Florence would have loved you had she still been around....
    Awesome project by your mum..loving the green eyes....
    Thank you for popping over to our challenge at Rhedd's Creative Spirit

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous box and such a wonderful post Jane! Billy is totally adorable (and a very good blogger as well!!). Will he really swing from the box? Parsnip is very impressed :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! this is amazing!
    love it!
    and kitty is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is it with cats and boxes? Lovely piece. Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your box is so creative...who knew what one could do with this basic box. I love the pussy cat with the sayings and the smaller cat images. The gold rays just add to it. Your pussy cat is so cute and all cats love boxes even lions and tigers

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool box!!! This is so stunning! Thank you for joining the Rubber Dance challenge! xx Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for showing how this gorgeous cat's box has come together Jane x. I love all the texture.
    Thank you for joining us at Rubber Dance for our animal challenge.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  11. so adorable! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a gorgeous project. Great step by step. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x