Wednesday 14 June 2017

Schools out

Yesterday I finished my jewellery/silversmithing class for this year so yes School's Out for summer! Does anyone else remember Alice Cooper's 1972 single...I still love listening to it and it takes me right back to my childhood with my brother and I blasting it out in my dad's car on my yellow plastic radio 😂😂😂  I had just left primary school and was looking forward to my secondary education. Those were fun time and great memories.

There is always an end of year exhibition at my college and I took a couple of photos I thought I would share.  It is set up in Sutton library until 16th June.


 Below is a list of all the departments who take part in the show.
 It's always fun to see your name in print..here I am at Number 15 (I'm still in Top of the Pops mode with Alice Cooper now!!) In case you are wondering the NFS stands for it's Not for Sale... we could sell our work but I either wear mine or make it for family so there is never anything spare.
The blue cabinet below contains my exhibit..
I made the ball part form fold forming and etching and I hand made the complex chain...it is a multiple loop .never again...LOL! It's hard to photograph through the glass but you can see it here. 

I thought I would also share a very recent make using a stone I have had in my stash for a while. I etched the background and used none other that peel offs (remember them!) to give the resist. How amazing it is that my crafts cross over so much. I did not make the chain for this one.

I made the claws by cutting them into the backing and pushing them through. That was very fiddly indeed. I also hand made the bail to hang the chain from. It's a gorgeous agate stone and I had been waiting to set it for a couple of years.

So a card to share today.....as it is nearly time for everyone's summer holidays I thought I would share something very summery. I wanted to enter a few challenges too. I created this for selling at Dotty's and it features a Lili of the Valley pair of mermaids.  I really love this stamp.  I don't often hand colour images now as it does not pay me with the time involved, but every so often I get the urge to break out my Promarkers. I made myself a seaside backing using my new acrylic inks (great fun) and some white acrylic paint. I used them on top of a rejected oxide background and I liked the way a tiny edge of colour remained!


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Penny Black and More 2/3 anything goes
Passion for Promarkers add a sentiment
Rubber dance 1/3 blue, sea green and sand
Noor summer
Fashionable Stamping 1/3 feminine
Allsorts 1/3 use at least 2 dies I have used 9!
Pixie's snippets playground #285/6 I used snippets of card for all my die cuts.
Simon says stamp Monday 1/5 touchy feely my card has lots of texture..the seaweed die cuts, the glossy accents over the bubble and the glittery hair shells!
Deep Ocean die cuts, chipboards and/or punches

and just in case you want to listen to Alice... whom I still love...because deep down I am still a hardened rock chick ....I have a link to You Tube....enjoy 😎

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBEcLxnXVAc

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x



19 comments:

  1. Lovely post Jane....you really are very talented and YES I remember 'Schools out' though I think I am a tad further down the years than you! Beautiful jewellry and a lovely card and your background certainly sets off that image so well.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and such lovely use of our colours this month! Thank you for joining our challenge at Rubber Dance ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing creation Jane. Love the image and wonderful design!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I loved that song by Alice Cooper and the fact that everyones parents were horrified by him!! :) It's in my head now!
    What beautiful jewellery, that is an amazing stone and I love what you've done with it! Pretty little card too, unfortunately my summer hols are over!! :(
    Have a good week my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautifully artistic creation Jane! I'm so glad you dug out your ProMarkers for this one! Beautiful background and such a cute little image from LOTV. I love what you did with is, and your dies add such context to your story for them! Great soundtrack to my commenting too, thank you 😉. Thanks so much for joining us at Passion for ProMarkers this week! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely to see your jewellery on display, your brilliant creative talents are amazing and yes so is the crossover between the different mediums and resources you use. Love both your beautiful necklaces and that fantastic summery card. Safe trip on Monday and have the most wonderful break. Huge hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember it well! great exhibit, and I love the card too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A super entry for our die cuts them at Allsorts this week, many thanks for joining in. And yes Jane, I remember that song well and it will probably be going round my head all morning now the tune is awakened.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha, I remember that song as well! In fact, it's always a request at our school reunion disco :)

    Love your silver work - clever girl. And the card is so sweet - love it! The image is just darling.

    Lovely to see you playing along in the Snippets Playground.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty card. Great background and I love all the die cuts. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Obviously distracted by those pretty mermaids LOL. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jane.. I am totally impressed with the pendant you made! How clever to make the prongs to hold the stone the way you did! Bravo! What a treasure! I'd love to see a closer photo of the chain you made! What a neat art show! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what amazing jewellery work, Jane. I'm so glad you shared the exhibition photos with us. You are right to be very proud of what you've created. Enjoy the summer now school's out (yes, I'm singing along!).
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A gorgeous card Jane! Your colouring is fab and I love the colours you've used as well. Those die cuts are so perfect for this card and I love the way you've added the sentiment to the cloud - must try this idea myself! Thanks so much for joining in with this week's challenge at PFP and good luck! Hugs, Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello dear Jane,

    I always love this time of the year when you share a glimpse at the exhibit with us!
    Love your work with metal!!
    Congrats!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful project Jane...love the background and the addition of so many gorgeous details...thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...enjoy the rest of your weekend...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. How cute is this card Jane so very pretty.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A most beautiful card, lovely colours too.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another lovely card Jane and the jewellery pieces are beautiful.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More @ Allsorts and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x