Saturday 7 January 2017

My amazing amaryllis

In November I bought an amaryllis bulb. I am always amazed by the stunning flowers they produce but I usually forget to plant one in time to flower for Christmas. So I potted mine up then took some photos as it grew..........


and grew
up grew the flower stalk 
and the flowers started to appear inside the bud. 
On Christmas Eve I noticed that one of the flowers was ready to pop



and on Christmas day I took these amazing photos
 Talk about perfect timing for Christmas.


How stunning are those flowers? There are 2 more to open and also another bud growing up. I may well get a second flourish in a few weeks time.
Inspired by these rich bold colours I made a new fairy card for Dotty's teahouse, using one of my favourite Lavinia stamps.
I made a bold background using rich red and purple Distress inks which I blended. Some leaf stamping and a couple of candle die cuts were my finishing touches. The sentiment is Lili of the Valley. 

My card was made for the following challenges;

The ribbon girl 3/3 January card challenge
Penny Black and More 3/3 anything goes
Dies R us 3/3 anything goes
A bit more time to craft 3/3 anything goes
Simon says stamp Wednesday new something mine is my heart charm
Cute card Thursday 2/3 what's new my new is my |LOTV sentiment set. I love it and will be using it lots this year. 
Let's craft and create 1/3 things with wings
Moving along with the times 1/3 something in the air
Creative corner 1/3 anything goes
Sweet stamping Something new my new is my LOTV sentiment set
Crafty calendar 1/3 something new my new is my LOTV sentiment stamp set

Thanks for visiting me today and I hope you are all getting back to some new year creativity? Bear goes home today. Although he takes up a lot of time with exercising I will miss him. He is such a buddy.  However our darling Billy has spent 10 days living upstairs and I know he will love having his house back. He has been  very spoilt as he has been allowed to sleep on our bed for the whole time.....honestly the lives our pets live 😊 (we wouldn't have it any other way though). 

Enjoy the weekend ahead.

Back soon, 

Bye for now,

Jane x





23 comments:

  1. Your card is just beautiful! Love the stamped scene you've created! And that flower ... wow ... just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing it's blooming! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Anything Goes with Dies’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your amazing Amaryllis and what a gorgeous colour too. I have had these in the past but always the pink version. Your card is lovely with that shading. Love the purple surrounding the moon . Really makes a statement. I have that fairy stamp too. We have a huge bathroom installation starting on Monday for 3.5 weeks.
    They delivered all the fitting and fixtures on Thursday but minus the base units for the two hand basins and as these are an integral part to the design am hoping they are not going to throw a bombshell and tell us they can't get them now. The Doc is throwing a wobbly. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very pretty card, love those colors!!! And such gorgeous flowers!!!
    Thank you so much for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Dies R Us!
    We hope to see you in our next one too! Happy New Year!
    Hugs,
    Jo-DT
    ♥ Dies R Us Challenges ♥
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Your card caught my eye over at Crafty Calendar, and I had to stop by for a closer look. Love the vivid colours!

    Jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you that was neat to see it grow and pop out in all that crimson glory! Great card to go with it, too. We're in a icy grip expecting snow here.. I hope you're keeping warm. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful amaryllis Jane - really gorgeous! I haven't grown one for a number of years and feel like I may have to remedy that! Thankyou! Love your card - an absolute stunner! Beautiful! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing flower Jane......of course I forgot to plant one, I'm much better at outside gardening...I always forget!!
    Your pretty card is a perfect match colourwise too. :)
    So Billy has taken to reclining on the bed, has he.....he may never come back downstairs again!! ;)
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  8. WhT more can I say but simply beautiful! I love fairy cards and this bold red with the purple is great looking. We have this flower as well and the blooms are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful flower and gorgeous card too, thanks for joining us at MAWTT xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is beautiful, I love the stamps and the deep rich colours, gorgeous!
    Stunning amaryllis too!
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar this month.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect timing! Love the rich colours of your card. Thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Stampin'. Cara DT x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty flowers and I like the pretty paper in the background too. I'm fond of fairies all the time. Thanks for the kind words on my blog. The future is what we make it, right? Wishing you sunshine and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, love the colour and what a beautiful amaryllis. Jackie DT MAWTT x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful fairy card, love how you created the background!
    Thanks so much for joining us this month at Penny Black and More!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Let's Craft & Create, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card! Such a wonderful image! So pretty! Great design!

    And your amaryllis is so beautiful too!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, that is truly a beautiful plant! The flowers are gorgeous and what a wonderful colour, especially for the holidays! It was fun to watch it grow in your pics!!

    A lovely card, so filled with magical imagery! I love the fantasy feel to this one! sending hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the colours of your background, inspired by the amaryllis maybe? Great stamping too. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black & More.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Perfect timing! I got one of these for Christmas but haven't done anything with it yet. I am not sure when I am supposed to plant it lol.

    Fantastic card! I love the background for the silhouette!

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning card.
    Love the fairy!
    Thanks for playing along over at CreativeCornerChallenges.
    X Linda DT-CCC

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a stunning card Jane and I do love those gorgeous flowers.
    Thank you for joining our challenge at
    Let's Craft and Create this week and good luck.. Ursula Uphof DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning colours on your background...and the black image just pops off of them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x