Saturday 17 December 2016

Jane's Journal's Crackers for Christmas 2016

Hello we have just finished the wrappathon and I am pleased to say that the presents are all wrapped. It really is getting very exciting seeing everything so festive everywhere you look now. I did a little squeal on Thursday morning when I brought my milk in from the doorstep....you may think these look like 2 ordinary bottles of semi skimmed milk

 look again...............
 yes the festive foils are back 😋
 Every year I hope that they will return. In these days of cutbacks I am just thrilled to see them back. Yes it's the small things which bring me such joy at this festive time of the year.
Pure nostalgia of Christmas past.

I have also managed to get my annual crackers made. I have shared these every year since I started blogging so this is my 6th set. These these are the serviettes I wanted to coordinate with this year.
I searched the internet and found some cool vintage snowmen images which I die cut using a stitched frame die.
I dug out all my  kitchen rolls and cut them to size.
The contents are secret until the big day. 
I added jokes, bangers and hats and started to roll them in crepe paper
and then a final wrap of tree paper.
So here are a few of them



I would like to enter my handmade crackers into the following challenges;

A Vintage Journey Winter Magic
Simon Says stamp Monday Let there be snow
Simon Says Wednesday gift it
C.R.A.F.T 1/3 Christmas
Fussy and Fancy 1/3 Angels/faires or Winter
Winter Wonderland For someone special/happy new year 1/3 These crackers are for the most precious people in the world to me; my family. 

I will leave you with a couple of the corny jokes inside

What do you call Santa when he's lying on the beach?

Sandy Claus

What do you get if Santa gets stuck in the chimney?

Crisp Kringle 

Did Rudolf go to school?

No he was "elf" taught

Ho Ho Ho!  I hope that made you smile. Just 8 more sleeps until he pops down the chimney for real. 
Are you ready? It's the final of Strictly tonight and as an avid fan I have booked my seat in front of the TV, with a G+T to boot! Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Thanks for stopping by. 

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

14 comments:

  1. Your crackers look really festive. I found 3 make your own crackers left over from a few years ago up in the loft so The Doc got them down and I decorated and filled them up for my daughter, son in law and grandson no2 to open on christmas day. Unfortunately forgot to take photos of them before taking them up North back in Novwember. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jane - our much loved milkman retired and we no longer have a milk delivery! I used to love the Christmas foil tops for many years in many houses - as well as hearing his little van up and down our 'close'.

    Super crackers too - really unique. I used to make them for family years ago - such fun putting special gifts inside! :)

    Have you read 'A Christmas Cracker' by Trish Ashley? She's a huge fave of mine since I read the '12 Days of Christmas' (fabulous book!!) - here's the link to the Christmas Cracker https://www.amazon.co.uk/Christmas-Cracker-only-festive-romance-ebook/dp/B00YG7ZV9S/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8 tale - am currently engrossed in it on my Kindle!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every year I enjoy your holiday milk caps! I wish we had milk delivery. I also love your annual crackers you make.. and cute jokes. I haven't had to wrap a thing this year, my DIL is doing it for me.. wahoo! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

    ReplyDelete
  4. hee hee Jane - fun jokes! Love those crackers and they really do go well with your napkins. Brilliant - it is getting exciting isn't it! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how you love those foils!! :)
    Your crackers are as brilliant as ever Jane, the images are so lovely....I wonder whats inside. ;)
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your festive crackers and they coordinate beautifully with your serviettes. I've still got cards to write let alone presents to wrap, well done you for getting it done xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super fun project! Love your festive crackers! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun and so pretty, too. I made these one year for the grands...they loved them..yours are fabulous! Thank you for joining our challenge at Fussy and Fancy
    Diane FAF DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those milk bottle bring back child hood mememories, loved xmas back then.
    Loving the crackers, great idea.
    Thanks for joining us over at CRAFT.
    Jean DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. My gracious - you sure are industrious! Wonderful crackers and you do such a good job making them.
    I have not seen glass milk bottles in a very long time - you can find them here in antique stores. And door stop milk delivery -- I have not experience that since I was about 5 years old and now I am 72!!!
    Merry Christmas Jane!
    Sandy Claus xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous crackers Jane!
    I always look forward to that post ;-)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Jane, I love that you made your own crackers, they are beautifully wrapped and those vintage images are just delightful! I really love the festive milk bottle tops too, sadly, ours are just plain tops this year.

    Thanks so much for joining in our Winter Magic challenge at A Vintage Journey! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love making my own crackers too so I appreciate these. Thanks for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland. Good luck nad I hope you have a lovely Christmas. Christine DT x

    ReplyDelete
  14. These crackers are gorgeously festive, Jane! Merry Christmas! Thanks for joining in at CRAFT Challenge.

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x