Wednesday 21 December 2016

4 more sleeps

There are just 4 more sleeps until the Man in the red suit comes down the chimney. I just love the final few days of the countdown to Christmas. It is also the first day of Winter.
The house is looking very festive and I have been sent some more photos of elf
misbehaviour in my daughter's household. Daisy, my 3 year old granddaughter is loving this! They must have got out the Cheerios in the night 😉

I am here today to share my 2nd DT piece for Country View Challenges where our theme is Christmas. All the details can be found here.
For my 1 December post I shared this card made using one of my favourite ever Christmas stamps by Stampendous. I love the way it looks like a vintage post card.
Today I am using the same stamp but giving my card a very different feel.
This time I coloured some of the image and then added lots of Vintage Photo distress ink to give a very vintage feel. I tore the edges.
I also tore a page from my trusty Tale of 2 cities paperback.
 I added more ink.
 I die cut some greenery using Tim's winter greens die and a Marianne pine branch die.

Then I put on my creative hat to put together my snowy scene, adding a couple of pops of red.
Here it is.
I love how one stamp can make such different cards. The sentiment is LOTV. The bauble is a stamp and die set by Tim Holtz.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

A vintage journey winter magic
Emerald  Creek Dare Winter Wishes
Fashionable Stamping 1/3 anything goes
Mixed media world winter wonderland
Fussy and fancy 2/3 angels/fairies or winter
The Ribbon Girl 1/3 any image
Happy Little stampers anything goes with dies
Crafty card makers 2/3 Christmas with a twist
Deep Ocean silent night
We love to create 2/2 #25

Thanks for visiting today and remember that you still have until 31 December to enter your Christmas crafts into our December challenge over at County View challenges here You might even win the £20 voucher. If Father Christmas forgets a few crafting bits you can treat yourself....

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

20 comments:

  1. I love your beautifully vintaged card and those naughty elves are full of mischief. Nearly there xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this stamp Jane..it's lurking in the depths of drawer here too! Love your two different cards! Perhaps next year I will not buy any new (hmmmm) Christmas stuff and revisit what I already have!Have a great Christmas with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that stamp Jane and your pretty traditional card looks great.
    Of course I'm going to disagree with you re the the whole winter thing as far as I'm concerned there are only 10 days left of it ...thank goodness, the light is returning, woohoo.
    The elves are being very creative making cheerio necklaces. :)
    Happy Wednesday my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Vintage look... not that your first one isn't just as nice! Can't believe the day is almost upon us and I haven't got anything ready!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness... I love both of those cards.. you are a magician with paper and inks. That's fun that you can charm little Daisy via the internet.. fun. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW WOW WOW, the card ist so wonderful. Fantastic!!! Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
    I wisch you a merry christmas.
    Greetings Carola

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! I love the vintage feel of this card! You should link up at the CropStop Challenge blog where anything goes as long as it's from a company they carry! http://www.cropstop.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello dear Jane,
    Love your vintage card with all of its marvelous details!
    Have a Fantastic Christmas!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful - I love this stamp too -- I might just use it for next year's card! Once again, let me tell you how much I love your card - delightful!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love these cards, Jane, both the vintage and the snowy vintage really appeal to me! Wishing you and your lovely family a very Merry Christmas!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning Christmas card. Thank you for joining us this week at Crafty Cardmakers. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Hope to see you back here in 2017. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous work, love the image,it is a beautiful card (both of them). Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.
    Glenda
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful stamp,

    And you created lovely cards with it, Jane! Both wonderful, with some vintage feel, and winter wonderland...

    I wish you Happy Holidays!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  15. BEAUTIFUL! I have this stamp and didn't even get around to using it this year so I'm thrilled to see what you've done with it! Your coloring is perfect and your design showcases it beautifully! Thanks so much for playing in our Fussy and Fancy Challenge! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene
    Fussy and Fancy Girl
    FUSSY AND FANCY
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a fabulous card...Love the image , layout and the way you have embellish it..Thank you so much for joining us at HLS Anything with dies.I wish you great new year ahead..Hugs xx Deepti Aggarwal.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful card Jane with a real vintage feel. the imagery and elements look so striking on the dark background .
    Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey
    Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful card, love the image and the coloring!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card and thank you for showing so many steps in between! Thank you for joining our challenge at the Crafty Cardmakers! Happy crafting and I hope you had a very merry Christmas! Maike

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this stamp too.
    Thank you for entering your card into my Christmas with a Twist challenge at CCM.
    Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x