Friday 30 December 2016

2016 reviewed

We are nearing the end of the year and I always enjoy looking back at some of my photos I have used for inspiration for my 2016 art work and card making. Life means constant change and with it comes good and yes, sadly, some bad times. I really try to make a point of focusing on the good and being grateful for the life I have.
I like to look back at the year in seasons as each season brings me its own joy and so much inspiration for my creativity. It's really hard to just choose just 4 per season but here they are. Most feature my garden, Mother Nature and my sweet Billy. I have also featured my favourite card/project I made during that season.

Spring
My first DT project for Country View seen here. It was for spring and happened to also be my birthday too. A great celebration.
Summer
My Moment I made after a visit to Claremont with my DD and Daisy seen here
Autumn
A very autumnal fairy card, I have not posted this one on my blog, it was made for a Facebook challenge.
Winter
My wonderful new Christmas piece made at my dear friend Brenda's workshop seen here and described by my dear cat Billy in his very own post 😘

And so we come to my very last card challenges make for this year. Today I am sharing a new baby card made for selling in Dotty's Tea House.  I think looking forward to a new life is a wonderful way to greet a brand new year. We have our 2nd grand-baby arriving in May (and before anyone asks, no one knows the sex, this just happens to be a baby boy card).
I used one of my fave Penny Black stamps. I coloured it with Promarkers and added some Glossy Accents to the daisies and butterfly. The sentiment is Clearly Besotted. 
Time out with each sunrise we are given the chance of a new beginning

I would like to enter it into these challenges;

Time Out with each sun rise we are given the chance for a new beginning what lovely word and there is nothing like a new baby to look forward to.
That's crafty 2/3anything goes
Ribbon Girl 3/3 any image
Fashionable Stamping 3/3 anything goes
That's crafty 3/3 anything goes
Pile It on 2/3 any holiday/celebration
I love Promarkers anything goes
Passion for Promarkers use your dies or punches
Simon says stamp Wednesday anything goes
Cute card Thursday 2/3 anything goes
CRAFT anything goes
Creative Inspirations 2/3 anything goes with optional sketch #265
                                               Happy Little stampers anything goes with dies

This is my very last post for 2016. It's been a fab year and I thank you all for your blogging friendship, which I treasure. Thanks also for all the kind comments you take the time to leave. I appreciate every single one.  Enjoy the last few days of the year and I will be back on 1st January.

There is a great quote I found on the Internet from Abraham Lincoln.

In the end it's not the years in your life that count.
But the life in your years.

Cheers everyone and I will raise my glass to you tomorrow as we say goodbye to 2016 and welcome in 2017.

Take care,

Bye for now,

Jane x


20 comments:

  1. I haven't been following all year, but have loved it from when I was and your review photos you chose are gorgeous. Love the new baby card. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your review of 2016...especially the garden photos too!.
    The cards you chose to highlight are superb, but so is the garden and your gorgeous blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful review! I love your pictures and your pussy cat is so sweet looking. .....looking is the key because they can just love to be little rascals too:) I love your cards for each and the scrapbook page. Your last card is very sweet for a boy. I love the layout and the overall cuteness. happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to read your review Jane and to see how the photographs inspired you. Our third Grandchild is due in February, so I know exactly what you mean about looking forward to new life, I can't wait:). This card is lovely, such a cute little image and he looks so relaxed. Thank you for joining us again at Fashionable Stamping Challenges, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was fun to look over your year with you. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
      *H*A*P*P*Y* *N*E*W* *Y*E*A*R*!*
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe what a lovely review of your year Jane, I loved your walk through the seasons and your cards and artwork are beautiful.
    Here's to another creative year, full of friendship and most importantly a brand new baby!!!
    V xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Jane,

    Very bright, colorful and inspirational year! It's not always that sweet sunshine, but I truly admire your view of life, always, always so positive! It comes through your blogposts too, you find beauty in smaller thing too. Thank you for yet an another year of friendship, here's to many more to come! And that precious the new baby...the best, best, best of all to wait for 2017!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is nothing like a new baby! And your card is oh so sweet. Love all your beautiful pictures as well. Stunning garden!

    Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, lots of beauties you are sharing, fabulous photos and cards....so many details, you are very talented! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable baby card, Jane! And congratulations on your second grand-baby due in May! Thanks for joining in at CRAFT Challenge!

    love Mags B DT x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely card! Thank you for sharing with us at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge. - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww, this is really sweet Jane, what an adorable image! Thank you for sharing this with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges,
    Leanne DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute card Jane. I love the adorable image and your die cuts look amazing. Thanks for sharing with us at PFP for our Mega Christmas challenge. Good luck and hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  14. So gorgeous Jane.I love the sweet hedgie and your colour combo and die cuts are stunning .
    Thanks for joining in our Mega Christmas Challenge at PFP :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jane. I looove this hedgehog from Penny Black! He looks right at home in the daisy hammock. I love how you have put these colours together too, and the stamping is the highlight of the card. Gorgeous.
    Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  16. All of your creations are quite amazing!! What a beautiful display of projects! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday! I hope you will join us for the new challenge this week too! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow what a creative year and your projects are all lovely. thank you for joining us at creative inspirations.
    Suzanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely post!
    Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
    Susan
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card - thanks for entering the challenge at I love Promarkers, Good Luck Liz (:(|)x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this post Jane - everything looks wonderful!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x