Friday 24 June 2016

Too wet for the ducks

Goodness me the rain yesterday was incredible.....it fell like sheets in biblical quantities in the early hours. Over last few weeks we have seen so much rain that I think if it didn't rain now til September we would still have plenty to keep us going.

Despite the rain it's very mild. Yesterday it was in the mid 20s and felt very muggy. I decided to still walk down to Dotty's rather than drive to deliver my latest cards. The rain was just drizzly at this point and I do try to take a very brisk water every single day. The ponds look glorious in any weather.
I noticed that the little coot's nest had new life in it....and the baby coots were being led out to swim by their Mummy....

 Baby coots are so cute and woolly.
What amused me though was seeing all the mallard ducks sleeping  out of the water
it was obviously too wet for ducks.
The fellow on the left didn't even want to stand both feet in the wet.

The waterfall was roaring with so much rain...I love that sound

and all the brooks were babbling beautifully.



As I walked home I decided that I had to celebrate the new baby coots and remember the rain by making a Baby Shower card.
I have the brilliant Ryn raindrops stamp so I dug it out. I also used one of my Nicecrane digi images.
And this is what I made.
I just love this stamp.
I would like to enter my baby card into the following challenges;

Moving along with the times new baby
Simon says stamp Wednesday 1/5 add shimmer my gold card has a wonderful shimmer to it as does my organza ribbon.
Simon says stamp Mondays 1/5 use patterned paper my backing paper is from an ancient Jack and Jill pad.
Crafting from the heart 2/3 anything goes
As you like it 2/3 favourite die and why mine is my MB stitched rectangle set...they are brilliant for framing images.
Emerald Faeries 2/3 anything goes
Designs by Ryn June customer creations
Crafty Hazelnut's patterned paper challenge june
Crafty Claire's 1/3 create a scene
Ribbon Girls 2/3 any image

Last night heavy rain returned again....perhaps, like the image I used for my baby shower card, I should be building that arc! However this morning I have woken up to warm sunshine just in time for a day out with my girlies...good timing.

Thanks for visiting me today and for your kind comments.
Keep dry if the rain is affecting you and enjoy the upcoming weekend. I am still waiting to cut my ever lengthening lawn!

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

23 comments:

  1. Awe, such a pretty card, I love that stamp the raindrops look so real!!
    The heavens opened up here a while ago but the sun is now out...for how long I don't know!
    Happy weekend Jane,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous baby shower card, I just love the raindrop stamp and such a sweet image. Thank you for sharing with us at Emerald Faeries. Good luck in the draw and we would love eh see you again. Jennifer DT member x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jane, great to hear that you are continuing to enjoy using my Water Droplet design. Great matching of images in your baby shower card :)
    Also loved looking through your nature pics. The waterfall looks like a lovely spot to visit as does that little stream... I've been enjoying watching some swallows nesting near my apartment. They are beginning to fly. So cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card! That water droplet stamp is so great...so many ways one can use this. It ties in with your pictures which I always love seeing. Those babies are cute. I think the Mallard is just trying to show off in front of the gal:) I love waterfalls like the one you show here...the sound is so peaceful. great pictures...send some rain our way:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hellooo Jane! Been thinking about you lately- I've missed "visiting" for too long. I just wanted to pop in and see what you've been up to, and am delighted to see such sweet inspiration in these "showery" sentiments here! Sending you a little CA sunshine...Would you like to trade a few dry days for some of your rain? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and beautiful photographs. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is great Jane - and mirrors the damp pictures - I've never heard of it being too wet for ducks - wow - must be very wet! Keep dry! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful vintage baby card and love the nature pics---Thank you for joining us at Crafting From The Heart
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Jane, Enjoying your coot and duck pictures....It looks quite wet in Surrey. Beautiful card.....
    Have an enjoyable (drier) weekend.
    Anne and family xx
    PlumCreek22

    ReplyDelete
  10. What pretty creeks and streams and ducks! Your card is the kind I love, with vintage images and such. Really nice! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. As always, your blog is a feast for the eyes! You are such a talented photographer in addition to being an amazing artist. I love the way you capture these little moments in life and use them as inspiration for your projects. And what an incredible project this was! I had to scoot up closer to the computer screen to convince myself that those raindrops weren't real! I can't believe how realistic that raindrop stamp is! And you were so clever to combine it with such a precious image. I would've never thought to combine raindrops with hearts, but this is a great combo where the love elements keep it light and happy. You did a great job and thanks again for sharing both your card and your heart-warming photos with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another beautifully inspired card Jane full of the wonders of nature that you see around the ponds and portrayed brilliantly in your choice of imagery and colour. Sounds like your cards at Dotty's are doing well, that's good and your Daisy day on FB looked like fun too. Have a great weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your photos. Great card too, fab design, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Jane I can't believe how opposite our weather is. We've had only one rainfall since the snow melted and the world is really starting to look drab again. The grass is all brown and dead, the wild flowers are shrivelled up, and the leaves are wilted and falling off the trees. It's so disappointing for my first summer here. Your photos are amazing, love the baby coots and your waterfall images are amazing! Beautiful card too, I love that you went with a rainy theme, made me smile. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love going to feed the sweet little ducks on a day out. I can see why you love the droplet stamp, it's very effective on your card.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card...love the raindrops!! I hope you have a respite from all that rain now and enjoy a sunny weekend Jane.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Jane,

    Gorgeous pictures and card!
    We had awful biblical rain in Normandy on Thursday afternoon!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loved seeing all your wet weather; it cools me off! Especially the waterfall! Hot and dry here, although this morning it seems a bit less so. Your card is gorgeous and great to be inspired by nature! Love that water drop stamp! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello dear Jane,

    Beautiful images, all those birds and especially those baby birds are adorable! We had very rainy start for June, but not it's sunny&pretty, sending you some sunshine for this week. And I love that card, those raindrops are wonderful, and a baby... What's not to love?!?

    Happy creating!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful baby shower card Jane - what a great idea! Thankfully I already have a few of Ryn's stamps here, including the one you used. She's a darling girl isn't she - and so talented.

    LOVE the photos - esp. the quackers of course!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. A lovely card, love the raindrops - and your photos. Thanks for joining us at MAWTT. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome photos and lovely card, Thanks for joining in with our challenge at As You Like It,
    hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  23. A lovely card. Such a cute image. Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT. Beckie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x