Sunday 5 June 2016

T is for...........

The weather today is beautiful.
This was my garden this morning, gorgeous hot sunshine
Today I am sharing my newest art journal page made for the Craft Barn dictionary challenge where the letter is T and also for some other great challenges where the themes are summer/floral/ things with wings etc. Just up my street.

My daughter and SIL have been to 2 weddings 2 weeks in a row so I was feeling in quite a wedding mood.  I thought I would create a summer wedding page when I came across a great word in my vintage dictionary....

tintinnabulation.......

tintin what I hear you say (and if you have heard of it you get a brownie point) I certainly hadn't.

Yes tintinnabulation.

My clever Hb knew its definition  and we agreed it would be the perfect word to use.
 I can often hear the local church bells ring when there is a wedding.
Out came my summery TH stamps and I stamped in various archival inks.
I added some other stamps too and then started dabbing on white, gold and bronze acrylic paints until I was happy with the background.
My bells were altered with tissue and coloured with distress stains. I added a sprinkle of
golden glitter.
I added sparkle medium through stencils to the bells and to the page to get  a real bridal feel.
Then I just got too carried away to take any more process photos!

Here is my finished piece. I added some wide lace to give the appearance of a brides veil hiding the texture and fabric of her beautiful dress.
The dragonfly gives the feel of a hot June day.

The bells are ringing...tintinnabulation...LOLOL!
 To see how I made the dragonfly you will have to come back to see my June Tim card post. I will share this soon.
 The lovely pink ribbon is from my own daughter's christening cake I made in June 1986...30 years ago. The church bells rang then too.

I would like to enter my page into the following challenges;

The Craft Barn t is for tintinnabulation
A Vintage Journey use texture/embossing paste
Creative Carte Blanche things with wings
Pixie's snippets playground #232 I used snippets of card for my flowers
Allsorts the great outdoors
Frilly and Funkie let the words do the talking
Noor summer
Stamps and stencils floral frenzy

I am heading straight back out to the sunny garden now, time to put on the kettle or it may even be Pimm's O'Clock soon ..who knows. Enjoy your Sunday too. Don't forget to listen for the tintinnabulation, especially if there is a wedding taking place. I think I will just sit and listen to the bees today....bliss.

Thanks as always for your kind visits and sweet comments you take the time to leave.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x


36 comments:

  1. Fantastic journal page. I love your definition for the sound of bells. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cleverly nterpretated journal design and I love the added glitter paste. Beautiful blue skies here in Scotland too, so lovely to get into the garden.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first glance at the first butterflies was that it looked like a family tree, which seems like a beautiful thing to do. Your idea worked out beautifully too. I love the Daisy art time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the new word! I asked Dayle if he knew what it meant and he said "bells". I just asked him how he knew.. I thought he was so smart.. and he told me he'd read your blog earlier! LOL! Great card! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That word rings a bell with me ... Fabulous page, love all those textures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a stunning spread! Love, love, love the soft colours and subtle textures! Fabulous project, thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at A Vintage Journey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning! I am amazed at how beautiful it looks from the blank page to what you all added. It all works so wonderfully together. Such a beautiful page

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome - what a word - never heard of that one! Big hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great journal page, some lovely images and fabulous bells.
    Thank you for joining Our Great Outdoors challenge this week at Allsorts

    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this texture of this, Jane. And what a wordsmith you are! Even your word has texture. Well done! Thanks for sharing this with us at Creative Carte Blanche. <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Jane, I love the colours and you do pick some brilliant words! It's a very precious piece of work now that it has that pretty ribbon on it. :)
    Enjoy the week ahead, glad to see your sunshine has returned, I think we may get some thunderstorms this week, a price we have to pay for all our heat!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great word and beautiful page Jane, it brings all your thoughts and ideas together brilliantly. I decided the greenhouse needed sorting yesterday so it's back into commission yay. Have a great week. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous page Jane!! I love your choice for words, and the shimmery bells are the perfect fit! Love seeing pics of your back yard, such a sweet space and must be so inspirational! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just popped back in to say Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie for our 'Let the Words Do the Talking' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

      Delete
  14. Gorgeous work, Jane.....so delicate and pretty. I love that you added that very special ribbon too. The word is a good one! We often hear the church bells here, they are a lovely part of being in the garden and going for walks. Enjoy your sunny days this week!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely fabulous work Jane, delicate colours and lovely textures, perfect wedding feeling.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous project and love the colours and whole concept of this creation. Thanks so much for sharing at our current challenge of The Great Outdoors
    [aNNie DT for Allsorts Challenges]

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful creation Jane - and I do so love that word for the sound of bells! Your garden is looking gorgeous too!

    Lovely to see you in the Playground.

    Hugs

    Di
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful piece! Love all those layers along with soft colors giving the piece a romantic feel. Starting with all the butterflies was a great idea! Thanks so much for joining us for this adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A wonderful page with great depth and texture. I love your chosen word.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jane, this is a gorgeous card and I'm sure they is lots of sentiment to it with the added ribbon from your daughter's christening cake. Just beautiful! I love your color palette and the lovely background you've created with the various colors and stamps. The pictures of your garden made my heart smile! I can just hear the birds singing! Thanks so much for sharing your lovely card with all of us at Creative Carte Blanche!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your stamped pattern paper! Way cool ! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Stamps & Stencils. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm here from Craft Barn and love the word you chose, as well as the bells.

    ReplyDelete
  23. A fabulous word choice. I love the richness of all the layers you have created xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful page - I had never heard that word before you clever lady! The lace is the perfect touch!!
    What are the two structures at the back of your garden? I believe one is an art studio.
    Your yard looks beautiful!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous page, love the texture you've created on the bells ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  26. A great choice of word, so unusual, and great textures on your page!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, this is a beautiful project and I love your choice of word for "T". I have to say, your garden is looking very nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful. I love how you build up the gorgeous background. Fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful, wonderful and a super cool art journal spread! Love the texture on your bells and your amazing background! It's awesome! Thank you for joining us at Stamps and Stencils this month! Hugs! Branka DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a great choice of word. A beautiful page full of lovely textures.

    ReplyDelete
  31. So, so pretty! I loved the touch of lace over the lovely textured background. Thanks for joining us at Creative Carte Blanche.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wonderful pages! Jane lovely subtle blend of hues and fab butterflies. Thanks for sharing with us at A Vintage Journey x

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is fabulous Jane. Love all the gorgeous butterflies and glitter.
    Thank you for sharing this with us at Noor Design UK.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the layered background and all that pretty sparkly texture!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Loving all your texture you have going on! What a beautiful layered background!! Love the sparkle too! Thanks for joining us at Creative Carte Blanche!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x