Thursday 21 April 2016

New life in the park

We had a lovely weekend looking after my son's dog Bear. He is such a lovely boy and loves long walks (as I do too). On Sunday I decided to walk to a park a little further than our local ones to see what Mother Nature was up to. The weather was sunny if a little chilly, but perfect for a long walk.

The trees are coming into leaf and I noticed several nests on the lake
I captured this sweet moment as a daddy coot brought food to his mate who is obviously sitting on her eggs.
I then spotted over on the island that there are some babies already hatched. I call these dino birds...I have no idea of their real name but they fly to our area every year and to me they look just like dinosaurs! They had 3 sweet chicks and the father was very protective to them.

Bear loved watching them.

There were also lots of young swans, these are not babies from this year but they still have their young feathers. We had such a pleasant few hours enjoying all the wildlife.
There is lots of new life in the park so I thought my card today should be a new baby card.  There is also a real baby boom around me, lots of little ones due. I also need to get my stock up of baby cards as there are exciting crafty plans ahead for me; more news about that in May. I was commissioned to make the card below for a baby girl and used a fun digi image from Ladybug Craft Inks (remember dear Kerry, I was her GD several times before she sold up, fond memories). Sorry but these images are no longer available, I treasure mine. This sheep is called Eunice.
I coloured my image with Promarkers and and added some fun flock for texture. 

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges.

Noor UK anything goes
Card mania 5/5  spring
The Ribbon Girl 2/3 any image goes
Little Claire's 2/3 spring colours
Crafty Boots 2/3 use a sentiment
Paper Creator 1/3 polka dots or gingham my paper has polka dots on it
As you like it favourite animal I love all animals but my favourite spring animal is sheep and  their lambs as they really symbolise new life for me. 


The weather for the last 2 days has been beautiful and yesterday my Hb and I managed to get up to the woods to see if the bluebells were out....oh my yes they were and I will share some photos soon.

Thanks as always for your kind visits and comments.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x






17 comments:

  1. Beautiful Jane,

    love the sheep on the card and your photos show a beautiful walk, all that wildlife.

    Love & hUgs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Eunice is a great name for a sheep, I love the cute sentiment on your card too!
    Beautiful nature photos, it certainly is a brilliant time of year for the outdoors and new life!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a good mom to take care of bear often. I bet Bear would have loved to chase some ducks! Cute card.. we just had a baby boom in our family.. it's fun! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your card is darling Jane!
    Love the way you've colored the sheep!
    Great pictures! I think as I get older, I appreciate Spring and the rebirth more and more ;)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute card Jane - and I love your new life pictures from the park - wonderful - I took some tadpoles into school yesterday - the children adored seeing them - lovely stuff. Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet card, I love the sheep - the flock looks really good. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures .i found about your blog on art scrap & more ( my daughter's blog ) y.s

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely park and wildlife, Jane. This is such a wonderful time to go for long walks and enjoy the springtime. Your sheep card is sweet.....I love the idea of adding flock to create texture! Happy weekend!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I just love your sheep, how sweet and adorable!! Your photos are so amazing!! I've never seen a swan before, they are so beautiful, and that dino bird family...AMAZING!! What a lovely moment to catch on your camera with the couple at feeding time. Such lovely photos Jane, great way to start my day!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any chance the dino birds are Ruddy Shelducks?

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the suggestion Pamellia...I was stirred into looking them up...they are in fact Egyptian Geese...a relative of the shelducks!x

      Delete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous card.
    Thanks for joining in with the April anything goes - any image challenge at The Ribbon Girl. Good luck in the prize draw.
    Hugs, Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card, many thanks for entering our challenge over at LC Designs this month, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad for spring, and your photos are beautiful. I'm glad you had good times with Bear. I like the flocking on the sheep. Such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is an adorable card with the fabulous sheep. Love it.
    Your pictures are so beautiful.
    Thank you for sharing this with us at Noor Design UK.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous springtime photos - and the sheep are fabulous. Looking forward to hearing more about the crafty adventures in store in May.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card, Jane. Fun image and I love the flock on the sheep. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x