Saturday 1 August 2015

Christmas in August

Hello everyone, it's Billy, Jane's cat here and yes you have read Jane's blog title correctly.  It might be the first day of August but it's also that summer day of madness when she makes her first Christmas card of the year. I am keeping out of the way as all I can hear is lots of Christmas humming coming from her studio window and there seems to be glitter everywhere. If I go in I may come out looking like a very sparkly cat.

Last year it was Christmas July, this year she is having Christmas in August. The reason for this that today is another of those Guest Designer posts she is doing for Tracy over at Noor!UK. The theme for the new challenge for August is none other than Christmas. Have a peep here  and you can see the other DT cards on display too? Why not join here and enter this month, there is a Noor voucher on offer to the winner. As you well know Jane is Mrs Christmas in disguise and she did a woop when she found out the theme.

I tend to sit out here on the patio...I don't think her heat gun can be felt from here. It's nice and cool in the shade.


As she is busy she asked me to show you here card she made.
She says she used a die called an accordion to make it....well knock me down with a feather because I thought an accordion was an instrument but hey I'm only the pet cat here.

What do you think of my photography skills, not bad for a cat eh. She asked me to do some close ups too. I think I mastered the zoom button OK.

 She says she used a new star die ...I'm getting a bit worried that she's killing off stars now..what next ...the moon?
 She also got out her best gems and stuck them on.....I wonder if that means that she'll be looking for new ones for her earrings now she's used them?



Well it might be Christmas in August in Jane's studio but out here in the garden it's still very much summer thank goodness. Have a look here...pretty

 but like these green things below, pretty inedible to a cat. I think I'll stick to Felix thank you.


She says she enters challenges and gave me this list....I wonder if I will get extra treats for doing this for her...my claws keep getting in the way of the keys on the computer. These are the ones she would like to join in the fun with her card;

Whimsy stamps Christmas in July
Simon says stamp work it Wednesdays die cuts
Winter wonderland Christmas songs/carols Jane's  Christmas song inspiration was none other than Bing's "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas"...I can hear her humming it now.
Crafty Hazelnut's patterned paper August
Christmas cards all year round snowflakes
Die cut Divas favourite holiday mine just has to be Christmas!
ABC O is for Open
Allsorts pearls and gems

Honestly it's a cats life here. Jane says she'll be back soon and of course I will be back in December when the other festive madness happens and she starts bringing real trees in to live inside the house with me. It's only 146 days away.......eeek!
 On second thoughts don't worry, no need to stress about that yet....I think it's time for another snooze. I've been sooo busy....
I just need to find a little sunbeam first to warm my tummy
Ok that will do 

Bye for now,

Billy (and Jane x)

The products Jane used are available in Tracy's shop just click on the links below

22 comments:

  1. What a superstar you are Billy ! Hope your mum is going to give you some Dreamies after all that hard work. You can also tell her that I love her Accordian card and the snowflakes on the side of her card are so pretty.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work Billy, I still think it's a bit mean of Jane making you take the blame for 'C' in August!!! ;)
    We're still waiting on summer here!!!
    Jane's card is lovely though and I do love the blue!
    Enjoy the garden Billy boy and you're very wise avoiding that glitter!
    Have a great weekend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Billy you have been so BUSY! So happy you found your sunbeam. It's a lot of work to tell Jane's story because she is a busy lady! You did a wonderful job and it was so nice to see you again. I really can't think about "C" yet but I do love "C" and I love Jane's card, thank you for the wonderful post and enjoy your August! Hugs to you and Jane, xoRobin and Jack

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Fabulous card from Jane but Billy you should write a book lol! So funny and a very wise cat to stay away from all that glitter!

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the fabulous post, Billy, however I cannot admit to enjoying Christmas in August! I like it when the time comes, but I'm still waiting for Summer yet...can you send some of those sunbeams up here to Wales, please?!
    Beautiful card using some of your new stash, Jane - love all the frosty tones and sparkle! Have a wonderful August, we're on the slippery slope towards Winter now! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable! Billy and the card-love the frosty colors and the accordion card! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Diva's Any Holiday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh Billy - good job Jane has got you to do her blog - I wonder if my Mischief would take a turn? Janes card is fabulous you know - a real gem!!! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Billy is so well-loved by you. Your card is gorgeous.. but it's 100 deg. here and I can't even think of the C word yet! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of love and work on the beautiful fold-up card.

    I'm sure Billy gave you support throughout the creation process. :)

    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty kitty and a lovely card too! Billy does great posts :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Billy, I am completely awe-struck by your talented master!! What a gorgeous Christmas card! Such a fancy layout and the soft blues and silvers are just so perfect for a snowflake theme!! Just stunning! Give your owner a big hug for me, and try not too stay outside too long in the heat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Billy, the wonder blogging cat!! Good job and did a great job! I am sure Jane will be pleased. So far it looks like the readers like the post as well! Have a great week to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for CCAYR August challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, CCAYR design team, thanks also for entering for my Patterned Paper challenge - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for August - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Billy, you are very smart to stay out of the way, and your owner is very smart to be thinking ahead to the holidays! It's so hard to make Christmas cards when it is 90 degrees outside!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card and a lovely post from Billy too - l enjoyed reading it. Lovely crop of runner beans too - ours are very late this year.....or yours are very early.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'pearls & gems' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card and wonderful photos! Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts and good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Billy tell Jane it's a fantastic Christmas card, love the papers and details. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenge and good luck
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such lovely post and what a pretty cat you are! :) Fabby looking card in lovely soft colours. Looks amazing! Thanks for joining us over at Winter Wonderland this time. Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous creation Jane, thank you for joining us at Christmas Cards All Year Round.
    Beautiful pictures, love the Fuchsia- my favourite flower.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Goodness me Billy you are lucky to have such a talented mistress, and she is lucky to have such a gorgeous cat!

    Fabulous card. So pretty


    Thanks for sharing with us

    Lin
    ABC

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your accordion card is gorgeous! Love the papers you used and that star die as well. I enjoyed seeing your creation over at Die Cut Divas!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is great, Love the cat thanks for joining us xx Jan PP DT!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x