Thursday 30 July 2015

A puzzle piece

Tracy over at Noor!UK has asked me to do a couple more guest designer pieces for her so I am back again with another mixed media "piece" for her.

In the packet of goodies she sent me was this great MDF puzzle piece. I also have in my stash the soft puzzle and decided to combine them both with my design.

The Dutchdobadoo MDF pieces are really great quality. I gessoed the base and painted it with Sky Fresco acrylic paint.
I then painted on some Paperartsy crackle and added vanilla paint on top...I didn't take a photo of this bit..sorry!
Next I got out some of my sprays and had a general spraying...
until I was happy with the colours
I then got out my favourite Visible Image stamps...I just love these....and stamped parts of the softboard puzzle with black Archival ink....

And this is what I came up with

 You can see the great crackle effect in these close ups.
 I coloured the stamps with Distress ink and a brush.

 and added a few white highlights with pen
The Tim Holtz tags sum up my mood when I made this......I enjoyed playing and the finished piece really did make me giggle.

I would like to enter my mixed media puzzle within a puzzle into the following fun challenges.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesdays anything goes

Rhedd's creative spirit altered art

Mixed Media Monthly

  summer days I was inspired by the summer themes in the graphic, sunglassess, ice cream and sunshine and  sitting in my garden studio and looking out at my garden in the sunshine. I made a blue "sky" base for my piece and added some summery colours to my puzzle pieces.

Thanks for stopping by and for your very kind comments. Remember that I have a giveway open until Sunday 9th August, the link is in my side bar at the top and also here. Everyone is most welcome to enter.


I'm back again on Saturday joining Tracey over at Noor with their new challenge and to give you a clue I may be handing over to Billy for that post.........and the C word may be mentioned....LOLOL...Vivienne cover your eyes and ears now!!

Thanks so much for visiting,

Bye for now.

Jane x

10 comments:

  1. You have some, in 'our' speak, craic with those paints of yours Jane, very appropriate word too with the amount of crackle going on! ;) Another lovely piece, unusual too with the puzzle piece! :)
    Thanks for the heads up re 'C' (Jane it's July!!!!) but if Billy's posting I definitely wouldn't miss that!
    Happy Thursday my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous project Jane! I love the puzzle on puzzle idea and the crackle background is wonderful!! The highlights on the eye and mouth work so well!! Very creative. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love this Jane! I do have a thing about puzzle pieces anyway but the colours you have sprayed the smaller pieces, and the Visible Image stamps work perfectly!! Thanks for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit ~ Steffi :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. a wonderful use of the puzzle pieces Jane - brilliant! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gadzooks each time I try to leave a comment if my hand hits the cursor it all goes away! Anyway.. love puzzles and your card.. and I hope I win your giveaway! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the puzzle pieces idea....I have a hole punch that makes jigsaw piece shapes and it was one of my favourite scrapbooking things for ages!! I like your ideas today, and love the word tags too.
    Happy weekend!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I just love your altered puzzle piece... and boy those stamped images are gorgeous !!! The distressed inks on them are perfect. Thank you for creating with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun project! I love that background. Thanks for playing at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello Jane! awesome, thanks for sharing the details! I am so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is amazing Jane, simply stunning! Lovely details on your puzzle pieces, Just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x