Sunday 9 November 2014

The Funkie Junkie's 12 tags of Christmas, Jane's Journal style week 6

I am back today keeping up with the weekly posting of the 12 cards I am creating for Linda's fun Christmas challenge. We are already  half way through. Everyone is welcome to join in with The Funkie Junkie challenge which closes on 21st December by which time you need to have submitted all 12 creations using Linda's tags for inspiration. You can make anything at all. The full rules are over on her blog here . Linda offers 3 very generous prizes of gift vouchers to spend in her terrific on line shop, The Funkie Junkie Boutique. Do have a look at the link here .

This week she went for a monochrome design which you can see here. She also featured a bold snowflake which I took my inspiration from. I was also inspired by the stitching she added to her card and the script background.

Now I'm really sorry that I hardly took any photos of my process this time, I just got engrossed in my own little world!
For my script I used the Christmas poem stamp by Visible Image, it's a great stamp. I just partially stamped it using my hand rather than a block. I also used my Tim Holtz alphabet script stamp and  stamped up my backing card with Archival ink. I love the way these all blend in together.

I then used the same colour distress inks as Linda and blended Vintage Photo and Brushed Cordroy until I was happy with my colours. I pricked out a stitching border


 and then hand sewed (yes seriously!) all around the backing card.

I then embossed a small piece of the same inked card with a snowflake folder and rubbed the raised area with gold gilding paste. I also inked a Memory box snowflake die cut and layered it up.with some other snowflakes, a gold star and a LOTV sentiment tag. I added a little gold gem too. I also cut  some gold card using my lovely Cheery Lynn sleigh die to put santa in the sky. 
Here are some close ups


and here is my completed card

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

The Funkie Junkie's 12 tags of Christmas 2014 #6
Cheery Lynn autumn colours
Visible Image favourite stamp for this card it is the wonderful Christmas Eve poem stamp. 
Natalie and Amy stitch it
Live and love crafts favourite Christmas colour combination I love browns and golds, very autumnal and rich.
The Artistic Stamper Christmas is coming
Bearly Mine Christmas cards
Penny Black and More anything goes
Stamping sensations Simply Christmas
Inspiration Journal Happy Holidays
Pan Pastel add some bling
Creative card crew Christmas joy
Loves rubberstamps anything goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge keep it flat, cards which go through the post with no extra charge
Pile it on Special occasion mine is obviously Christmas

The Birthday Party yesterday was wonderful and the cake went down really well. I have taken lots of photos and will try to get back some time this week with a post.
Just as a sneaky peak........ here is the party girl. What a princess she was.



I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

26 comments:

  1. Awe bless little Daisy, she looks gorgeous in her little dress, so glad she had a lovely party!
    Love the card Jane, the stitching is a lovely effect!
    Have a good week my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. *H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!*!*!* to Daisy Jane! I know that I've wished her many of these, but I'm just happy to have known her since birth! She's a doll. Love your card! I've known people to use a sewing machine on cards. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great techniques on your card, makes for a wonderful look.
    Daisy looks cute too.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More this month.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super tags. Thanks for sharing at Loves Rubberstamps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mumm, a totally yummy piece of work, Jane! Your stamped text/script background is really awesome and I love the gold die cuts. The tiny tag is totally adorable and the stitching is the frosting on the cake! Great work for week #6!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very happy looking Birthday girl Jane, how that year has flown.

    Super inky creation, many thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black and More and Stamping Sensations challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another Christmas card with the Wow factor. Love how your Snowflake is the central feature and the CL Santas sleigh nestles beautifully above it. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday Daisy! I especially like kids when they start getting older and start talking and doing more things. Such a pretty girl! Pretty card too. I like all the shininess and embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is lovely! I love the originality of it, your colours and the stitching! Thank you for joining us at creative card crew christmas joy challenge! Irene DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Daisy looks SO happy at her birthday party. Thanks for giving us a sneak peek, Jane. I love her dress.

    Beautiful golden card!
    Good luck with your challenge.
    Happy Monday....
    Anne and all xx
    PlumCreek22

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful creation Jane, loving the color scheme!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the silver. Thanks for playing at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW....that stitching is scrumptious and so many layers have my eyeballs leaping from side to side. The incredible depth and shimmer to this is just wonderful Jane!! What a beautiful card :)
    The little party girl is such a precious!!! What a beautiful smile :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jane, this is gorgeous, what a fabulous background you have created! Santa looks quite stunning. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful creation, fabulous background and colors !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely textures and design, and I'm very impressed by your hand stitching. Thanks for joining LLC; please note though for the future we have a max 10 challenges rule.

    Hugz, Sandy
    Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful photo - a birthday princess indeed! Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 202- you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for November - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the color scheme! Thanks for joining us at Inspiration Journal for our Happy Holidays Nov. challenge. =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jane beautiful Christmas card. Thanks for joining the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge. Good Luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so beautiful in so many ways Jane! Love the textures and the way the sleigh die runs above and across the card! Thanks for playing in the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card. I love the stunning background.
    Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Card Crew!
    ~ Crystal (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  22. BEAUTIFUL Card!
    Thank You for joining us last week at PIO!!!
    Hope you will join us again!
    Have a GREAT day!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beauuutiful Jane, thank you so much for joining us over at Pan Pastel UK XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is fabulous Jane! Love how you used our Christmas Eve poem. Adore your Christmas projects! And Birthday girl Daisy looks so gorgeous <3 Thanks for entering this into our challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I wish I was on your card list & receiving this, I love it!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Jane, what Sally said lol! Wonderful card, you are on a roll girl :-) I love all the inky goodness and gilding. Thanks for joining in with us at Stamping Sensations this month. Maddy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x