Tuesday 2 September 2014

End of an era for the Ladybugs...Choose your favourite image

My great blogging friend Kerry is the owner of Ladybug Crafts ink (LCI), who has given the crafting world so many wonderful stamps, both cling and more recently digi. I have been thrilled to be a guest designer for her several times over the last couple of years...it was her who asked me for the very first time to do this. She held my hand and the rest is history! It is the end of an era now as Kerry's life has changed somewhat and the time has come to close down her crafting business.  Her darling grandson Coen is 6 months older that my darling Daisy. She looks after him on a regular basis and although we can  multi task sometimes we just need to realise that we cannot cut ourselves into too many pieces. I think it is a brave but fully informed and sensible decision.

This is the last ever challenge for the Ladybugs and I was delighted when Kerry asked all the old DTs and GDTs if they would like to join in and use their "favourite LCI image" for this final challenge. I "met" Kerry through winning one of her giveaways a couple of years ago whilst trying to find the maker of one of my favourite ever stamps...Martini Nikki. I use this stamp so much, it is perfect for women's cards. Of course I had to choose this one for the final challenge.

I decided to make something special for such a special occasion. Here is my contribution;
 The sentiment is LOTV stamped onto a gorgeous Wild Rose Studios die which I won from the lovely Kate of Downrightcrafty (thanks so much x)

It was so hard to photograph so here are some close ups;

and the inside when flapped open


I coloured her with my Promarkers and highlighted with a little Prismacolor pencil. The roses have extra Stickles glitter for some bling.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

We do doobadoo add texture
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday anything goes
Divas by Design happy birthday
PanPastel UK pink, pink and more pink
Loves Rubberstamps anything goes
Crafty sentiments anything goes
Crafting from the heart anything goes
Dream Valley flowers

Kerry would love to see as many people as possible entering her final ever challenge, "Choose your favourite image". She would love to see you use one of her cling or digi stamps but your can also enter using other stamps or digi images too. There are 2 prizes, one for the challenge and one for the person who uses a LCI image.
The details of the challenge can be found here.

There is also a grand clear out sale over at her web site with stamps from £1 and 30% off ribbons, buttons, felt and nail heads. Pop over and grab some bargains whilst they last here at the web site and please feel free to take the banner and spread the word. The sale ends on 30th September.

I would like to thank Kerry for all the consistent hard work she has put into Ladybug Crafts Ink. Through her crafting creativity I found a wonderful person who I count as a great friend. As I am sure Martini Nikki would be saying as she sips her Champers..."Cheers to you Kerry!"

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Jane, so much detail as always! I like Martini Nikki. :)
    Happy Tuesday my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing the best to Kerry. Love the card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Jane, I am so in love with the design of this card and all your detail on it. Beautiful.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just perfect Jane! Love the eyeshadow!!
    xoRobin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card and great image. Sorry I haven't been around the past few weeks but I am now back into the world of blogging and playing catch up.
    Will message you soon.
    Take care.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and a lovely colored image...thanks for sharing with us at Divas by Design!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you had such a nice and encouraging friend. I'm sure she'll be missed but it sounds like she is doing what she needs to do. Your card is gorgeous, as always. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. stunning make Jane - really fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jane! Your card is gorgeus and Martini Lady is also my favourite! All the best to Kerry; sorry that she's closing the shop. x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty card! Great coloring on that fun image! Thanks so much for joining us for the Anything Goes Challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your fab card. Thanks for sharing with us at PanPastel.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. a beautiful card Jane and so sad but a great card to finish on, simple gorgeous
    hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, Jane. Best wishes to Kerry and her family.
    Happiest September,
    Anne xx
    PC22

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card! Love the design. Thanks for playing with us at Crafty Sentiments this week. Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your card Jane!
    All the Best to Kerry!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cheers to both of you ladies! This might be the end of an era for the Ladybugs, but certainly not the end of the creativity originating in your studios. Wishing you many more happy, creative moments! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cheers to you ladies ... Your card is beautiful Jane!
    Thank you for joining in the fun over at Pan Pastel UK Challenge. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card, you always combine the image and the decorative elements so well. Wishing you a wonderful weekend, Jane.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fabulous card Jane. Love the design of it and the fab papers!

    Thank you so much for joining in our Anything Goes Challenge at Crafty Sentiments - good luck! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  20. A fantastic card! Thanks for joining our Flowers challenge at Dream Valley. Susie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x