Monday 16 June 2014

Home again with Tim's tags of 2014 Jane's Journal style

Hello everyone, it's great to be back from my wonderful holiday. Most of you managed to guess my destination, it was indeed Seville. If you have never visited this beautiful city I would rate it as a must see along with London, Paris, New York and Rome. We stayed in the most extraordinary hotel, which I plan to write a post about in due course. I took 500 (yes that many) photos and I still need to sort through them. As I have done previously rather than writing 2 or 3 holiday posts straight I will show some of our adventures over the coming weeks.
As a little taster here are just a couple of photos.
The Cathedral


 Our hotel courtyard restaurant
 The view up to our room from my pool sun lounger

and of course lots of oranges
I had a little time at the weekend to get my fingers inky and I decided to make my Tim project for this month. Unusually for me I decided to make a tag and to base it on some of the colours which inspired me in Seville; orange, yellow, blue and green.
This month Tim shared a fun watercolour effect using stencils. You can read all about it here and this is the tag he made.
DSC00308 3.37.51 PM
I don't have his butterfly stamps and I decided that as we saw so many beautiful flowers in Seville that I would use flowers for my stamped images. 2 of the flower stamps I used are very old Papermania and the gorgeous rose is by Visible Image.
These are the Distress Ink colours I used and I also used Tim's Clockwork layering stencil.
Tim showed how to ink up the reverse of the stencil with DIs and then carefully press this onto card.
 I had a play and actually preferred the effect I got using watercolour paper. These were 2 of my favourite prints and I chose the one on the right to work with.
I stamped out my flower images with Archival ink and then using my watercolour brushes I used the DIs to colour them with a sweeping technique Tim demonstrated.
Tim has matching dies to cut out his butterflies but I had to rely on fussy cutting out my flowers.
I decided to give some depth to the flowers and cut into the petals so that I could bend them up a little.I also coloured some crinkle ribbon to match using the same DIs.
 I used Distress paints to alter some TH metal Ideaology foliage.
So here is my finished tag

and some close ups
I used some TH words, most apt for my holiday inspired tag. You can just see how I cut into the flowers and my Visible Image Rose and folded the petals up slightly.

I would like to enter my tag into the following challenges;

Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2014 June
Vintage stamping summer blooms
My Mum's Craft shop ink it up
Crafting Musketeers stamped image
Penny Black and More favourite stamp this rose stamp is one of my fave flower stamps
Crafty Ribbons anything goes with ribbon
A creative Romance anything goes
Stamping for the weekend anything goes
Sweet stampin say it with flowers
We do doobadoo ribbon
Anything but a card summer lovin'
Pan Pastel UK flora and fauna
Simon Says Monday anything goes
The Cupboard Trilogy use yellow

I am hoping to try to catch up with my blog reading over the next few days. I hope you have all been well and for those of you in the UK that you are enjoying the pleasant settled weather. It makes so much difference to come home from holiday and be able to dry the mountain of washing outside. Billy has been our little shadow over the weekend, he is very pleased to be home to his garden too. 

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

25 comments:

  1. Welcome back my dear, lovely to 'see' you again!
    Seville looks amazing, I can feel the heat! :) I always think how wonderful it would be to have oranges growing in your garden.
    I love your tag, orange is a very happy colour!
    We can almost match those skies here today, I'm just in from the garden it's hot out there today, I'm happy to say!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What amazing pics - thanks for sharing. And thanks for sharing this gorgeous tag with us at Vintage Stamping. Love the colour combo - perfect!
    Viv
    VSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, Jane! You are one lucky lady to get to spend time in that beautiful place! I look forward to seeing more photos. I missed you! I bet you can't wait to see Daisy! Another fab tag.. bet you missed your artistic endeavors. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! A wonderful combination of colors and patterns. Thank you for sharing your tag with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    P.S. I loved seeing your photos too. It looks like a wonderful place! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home dear Jane! SO happy you had a delightful holiday. It looks lovely and so grand!! Can't wait to see more. Love the tag and the watercolor technique. Take care and try to ease back in.....
    xoRobin

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a pretty tag Jane - your holiday looks amazing - wow - what a beautiful place xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful time you have had - Seville is hopefully our next destination when we return to Spain. Looks like you went up the Giralda tower, what an amazing view.

    I am really impressed by how quickly the oranges grow, in February when we were in Cordoba and Granada the trees were just starting to blossom. The smell was just fab!

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pleased to hear you had a good holiday Jane and I have to agree that it is a beautiful City.

    Glorious colours on your tag, thank you so much for sharing it with us at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooops and Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing Tag Jane and all over I am agree with you I am livinf only to 100 km from Sevilla in Cadiz....and Sevilla is special,,,, my friend,,,,,,yeahh

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seville looks amazing and I think you're right - one to visit. Love your tag, fabulous background and love how you've added colour to the metal pieces. Thanks for sharing with us at Anything But A Card this time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello dear Jane,

    So happy you had a lovely journey and that you are home safe.
    Your pictures are magnificent and I love your tag!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jane! Seville must be a fantastic city and I'm happy you had a change to have great holidays there! Looks beautiful and the hotel amazing! Wonderful tag again! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome back, Jane! Gorgeous photos of the cathedral in Seville, such a beautiful sight. Your tag is so colourful and decorative, love the orange!
    Happy week!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome back, dear Jane,

    Your holiday destination looks lovely, and it will be great to see some more pictures on your future posts! And that beautiful tag - just perfect for after-holidays crafting!

    Happy Midsummer-week!

    Yours,
    Mia



    ReplyDelete
  16. Great colourful tag!
    Thanks for playing with us at Sweet Stampin' this week. We would love for you to join us again next week.
    Pia xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely to see your back and a super set of photo's including your how to on your gorgeous creation so much time and attention to make something so beautiful
    hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful photos and beautiful crafting. Thanks for sharing your super creation for Crafting Musketeers challenge 14: stamped image, Hazel, DT Crafting Musketeers x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab photo's and brilliant tag, thanks for sharing with us at we do doobadoo, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your take on the June tag Jane, I have the stencils and they've been sat in a drawer unopened. I think I need to start thinking outside the box a bit with my crafting! I'm loving seeing your pics too, Seville is definitely on my list of places to visit. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous tags, thank you for joining us in our birthday Blog Hop at A Creative Romance.
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've never been to Seville, it looks FAB, can't wait to see all the photos. Love the Seville coloured tag as well, I hope it does well for you in the entries. Bethxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful tag, thank you for joining us over at the Crafting Musketeers this month , Fran (DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Simply stunning and am loving all the colours too.

    Seville is on my bucket list, maybe next year - the other place i love is and went there last year was 'Valencia'.

    Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More and good luck, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x