Tuesday 13 May 2014

May flowers

 After a busy weekend I was able to enjoy a little gardening after work yesterday. When the sun peeps out it is getting really warm now. Thanks for all the lovely comments you left on my last post about my Old Girls' Club afternoon tea. It really was a very special day.

 I still have the very last of my parrot tulips in flower in the garden but the petals are dropping fast. I snapped these last week.


 The new growth on my acers is light green and tender.
 and on a walk near home I can see the "candles" on the horse chestnut trees are in full flower, the very beginning of conkers to enjoy in the autumn.
 In my local park there is an amazing clematis which flowers each year and I just love these delicate beauties.






 It's great to see that over the years it has spread right up into the tree canopy.
We even now have the digitalis coming into flower in the garden.

I am loving these new blossoms and I am also looking forward to the next few days as Daisy and her Mummy are coming up whilst her Daddy is away on business.

I thought today's cards needs to be something cute and pink inspired (not usual for me at all)
It is a card I made for a dear friend using one of my cute House Mouse stamps.

I made a cube card, I saw the design over at Splitcoaststampers. I love the way that the cubes stand out and yet the card folds flat for posting. I will use this design for some more of my cards.
Here is a close up of the inside cubes
and that sweet image which I coloured with my Promarkers.
The DPs are Magnolia. I die cut the letters. The senitment and sweet tag sentiment are both LOTV.
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

House Mouse Monday challenge sunny days
Natalie and Amy Rubber stamping
Die cut Divas add an embellishment I have added ribbon and a bow
Crafty little fairies in the garden
Country View Nature's Glories
Crafting Musketeer's anything but square
Feeling Crafty one for the girls/ ladies
Vintage Stamping ribbons and bows
Stamp and create spring colours
 Penny Black and More anything goes
Stamping Sensations anything goes
Totally Gorjuss don't be square
Whimsy stamps 2 or more die cuts I have used a die cut for my stamp and also my letters inside
As you like it Fur or feather favourite mine is fur as love the soft feel of fur, especially of my cat Billy. Mind you I think he would eat this little mouse if he saw it!
Cute card Thursday Paw Pals
Craft Hoarder's Anonymous ribbon/ twine etc
Papertake Weekly Pretty pastels
Gruffies and Guests anything goes with option of Spring

Have a lovely rest of the week. I  have a special treat ahead on Thursday as we are off to London to take afternoon tea at the Dorchester Hotel, Park Lane. My daughter bought a voucher for this treat for my Mum's 80th last November and we are now able to take it. Daisy is coming along with us, she can now sit in a high chair so it will be 4 generations of girls celebrating.

And a little sneak peek of her sitting in high chair when we ate out for Sunday lunch last weekend.


Daisy  is also starting to enjoy some solids but it's a messy business hence the rather large bib
Cute or what ;0) She sucked the life out of this piece of cucumber!

Enjoy the rest of the week,

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x



45 comments:

  1. what a fabulous card Jane - super design - and brilliant photos - I love the ones of Daisy - she really is getting big now! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, I love that Clematis! How do you pronounce it? Here we say cle-MA-tis. Your card is another work of art. Daisy is just blooming, isn't she? Have fun at the tea, I look forward to photos.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Jane, Four generations at a special TEA, how lovely! Daisy is just too cute for words, love that sweet face : ) Daisy has such beautiful coloring all rosy and pretty blue eyes. The clematis is stunning, I have always loved them too. Sweet card as always, xoRobin

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Jane, so clever!
    The clematis is amazing, it has just taken over the tree, such pretty blooms!
    Daisy is such a cutie, enjoy your four generation tea party on Thursday!
    V xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jane, Love that little mouse and his candle!! Will be a lovely card for someone's birthday.

    I will show the clematis photos to my Dad. My parents always have deep purple flowers.(on their vines)

    Enjoy your upcoming tea. Isn't May the best??!!

    Anne and all
    PlumCreek Studio

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what gorgeous gardens you have! And that baby is precious! Loved your card...such a great design and so beautifully put together. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge #7: Ribbon, Lace & Twine, OH my!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous flowers pics, beautiful card with such attention to detail and very sweet baby. thank you so much for playing along with us this month at penny black and more.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing card..just gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful card. I would love to receive this beauty.

    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jane! Sweet sweet Daisy! What a Special celebration with all you 4 girls together - enjoy! Your flowers are amazing! I just adore English gardens! I like very much pink and your card is Super! Cute Mouse and the cubes make this card beautiful! Have a lovely time! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  11. A really striking creation Jane and great shape, thanks for sharing your lovely cards with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Thanks for sharing your photos as well, I usually take some and share but this year never seem to get that far. Your Montana looks amazing, one of ours is similar and the other hardly a flower to be found for some odd reason.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow love the card so sweet and detailed and a great design, loving the photo's too, really must take some photo's of the flowers in my garden
    hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooops, forgot to also say thank you for joining us at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Noe to self - read the list properly as also need to thank you for joining in at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning card Jane, love the shape here, love also your pictures of the garden, and Daisy, how cute is she, my grandson, also just loves Cucumber, so good for them too, thank you for sharing with us at Feeling Crafty this month, best of luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Jane, love the image and fab design.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh some precious baby here for our viewing. Just darling and so is your card. Love the way your incorporated a little mousey into a nice Sunny Day card. Love this style of card and you did such a wonderful job. Thanks so much for playing along with us here at House Mouse & Friends this week. Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an absolutely gorgeous card, you did an outstanding job designing and decorating it. The image is adorable, and your friend is going to be so happy to receive it. Thanks for joining us for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.
    Nicely done.

    Hugs
    Sue

    PS, the baby is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing your lovely card for Crafting Musketeers challenge 13: anything but square, Hazel, DT Crafting Musketeers x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Jane,

    I know I keep on repeating myself but it is always a delight to come and visit you!
    Thank You for the flowers, I've never seen more amazing flowers and bushes anywhere else. England is so unique in that regard.
    YOur card is adorable and so well done and my, oh my, Daisy's blue eyes and blond hair melt my heart.
    I was laughing out loud when I saw her sucking on the piece of cucumber ;O)

    I cannot wait to see the pictures of your outing. Four generations, now, that is a cause for celebration!

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful clematis, I love the spring flowering ones they are the true promise that the good weather is coming. My tulips are gone now but my aquilegia are going mad all over the garden. Gorgeous card and granddaughter Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful post again, Jane,

    Those flowers are wonderful, I can't believe so summery it is at yours! And that card is the cutest, but the best of all is that fantastic girl who OH MY sits beautifully on her own! She is a big girl already, kisses to her!

    Have a wonderful Thursday, many greetings from here (where large bibs are a must too!)!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great card hun, just love the shape & the super cute HM image!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Natalie & Amy's this month, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card and just look at all the pretty flowers and trees! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So many gorgeous photographs. Your card is amazing. All that work! Wow! Lx

    ReplyDelete
  26. An adorable card! I love the folding to it with the pop out letters. Your coloring is wonderful! Thanks for joining us at CHACB.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Stunning card with lovely details, Thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations this month

    Francesca x

    ReplyDelete
  28. How lovely....four generations at a wonderful afternoon tea...and Daisy looks as if she loves every minute! Such a little sweetie!
    Your card today is so interesting....I love the clever construction and soft colours.
    Wishing you a happy, sunny weekend, Jane.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous Card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Adorable card, lovely colours design and image. Thanks for sharing your card and beautiful flower piccies with us at AYI. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous card, Jane. Great shape and that mouse is so cute! Thank you for playing along with us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your card is great! Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous! But I live to see your amazing photos!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh Jane what a wonderful post from your fab flower photo's to your fabby doo sweet House Mouse card to the last photo's of your granddaughter !! Just a real pleasure to read and see !! So glad you could share it all with us at HMFMC !!

    hugs Diane xx GDT

    ReplyDelete
  34. Fab card Jane, love the design, the cubes are great and love the little mouse blowing out the candle, thanks for joining us at Gruffies & Guests, Anne-Marie DT x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous card Jane, I adore house mouse and that fold is so clever. Beautiful photos too, isn't Daisy growing up? Thanks for joining us at Flonzcraft Vintage Stamping challenges
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Gorgeous card, love House Mouse Stamps...Thanks for sharing with us on the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thank you for joining us at House Mouse & Friends with this wonderful card! Such a great design and I love the super sweet image too :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wonderful birthday card, Jane, love the fold you have used.
    So glad you had time to join the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge, hope to see you again soon.
    Dorte x

    ReplyDelete
  39. Fabulous, I love the card layout. I'm not very adventurous when it comes to different shapes but I really like this one.

    Thanks for taking part in Natalie and Amy's challenge this month.

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  40. A fabulous card - great design and beautifully decorated. Thank you for joining us at Country View challenges for our Nature's Glories challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Gorgeous card, thank you for joining us over at the Crafting Musketeers this month , Fran (DT) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  42. delightful post Jane. Nice to see all your beautiful garden photos and your little grandie is so cute. Your card is just so special. So pleased you've entered this into our challenge at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Super flower photos, lovely card and cute, cute, cute Daisy! I hope the sun has popped out for you this weekend, it's just peeped through the clouds here, I do hope it lasts! Bethxx

    ReplyDelete
  44. Your card is so cute. Love what you did for the inside. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensation. I hope you join us again.
    Eret x

    ReplyDelete
  45. Gorgeous card and posts! Thank you for sharing with us at Gruffies and Guests Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x