Thursday 27 February 2014

You can never have too much cake

I am sure you will all agree with my post title. On Monday my darling baby Boy Matt (he would hate seeing me write this but as he does not read my blog I am safe ;0) was 25. Yes 25 years have passed by in the blink of an eye. My son lives nearby and his girlfriend and I liaised and thought it best to host his birthday tea at our house. Charlotte is a keen cake maker, she usually makes exquisite cup cakes and we decided that we could both make him a cake...as you can never have too much cake!

It was a very small family party, just 6 of us as it was mid week. Here are the cakes we made;
You will also see my Mum, who makes beautiful decoupage, made him a giraffe card as my boy has a lifelong love of these wonderful creatures.
Charlotte decided for the first time to make a giant cup cake with a golf scene as my son's business and pleasure is golf.
Here is her amazing creation in close up
He loved it and I am sure would love it if golf courses did have 25 holes, he could be even longer out there!

I made my usual Victoria sponge, as always packed with a whole jar of raspberry conserve and plenty of vanilla butter icing

 I added a fun Mr Happy candle to my plaque creation
and he had fun blowing out the candle
It was such a lovely evening. My baby boy is now a strapping 6'1" man, no longer the 8lbs 9oz little one who came into the world in 1989 but as anyone who is a Mum knows...our baby's are always our baby's aren't they ;0) We were so thrilled to share his special day with him.

My card today is the tag I made for Matt's pressie. I had fun with my Distress inks again using some yellows are green to create the background. When it was dry I repeat stamped some flowers and also some butterflies and added a  bird box stamp. I added some shimmery blue and green ribbons.My son adores being outside in the open and I wanted my creation to have for a sunny feel. Also green has always been his favourite colour.



The sentiment is one from Lili of the Valley's Quotables.....I love these stamps which I embossed with gold embossing powder. Here is a close up.
and the repeat stamped flowers


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

The Artistic Stamper use distress
Lili of the Valley name that tune my tune is Summer Breeze by the Isley Brothers, my favourite ever summer tune..it's so uplifting.
Pile it On thinking of you
Fashionable stamping anything goes
Sentimental Sundays make your own background
Rhedd and Rosie aanything but a card
Totally Papercrafts Spring my greens and yellows are very spring colours
Vintage Stamping It's a man thing


Today is my day off and I am looking forward to meeting up with my dearest best friend for lunch...lot's of girlie chat and catching up. The sun is shining and on Saturday we are seeing our Darling Daisy ...so I don't really need to make a wish...mine have all come true.

Happy Thursday everyone, enjoy the upcoming weekend and one wish that you might want to make.......... is for lots of cake ;0) Enjoy.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

30 comments:

  1. Good morning, Jane! Your blog title is so true - and what fabulous cakes they are too! Wonderful decoupage that your Mum did for Matt's card and you are so right that no matter how old they get, they are always our babies, even if they pretend not to be!
    Love your pretty tag, with it's wonderful handmade background and sunny colours (the sun is shining here today!) Have a great lunch out and a Happy Thursday! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad Matt had a lovely birthday , what a lucky boy having TWO cakes!!!!!
    His gift tag is great, I'm a big fan of green too!!!!
    The sun is shining here, hope it is with you too!
    Have a happy Daisy weekend,
    V xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a fabby family occasion Jane - those cakes both look amazing - and although my girls are still quite young they don't like to be thought of as my babies - but they always will be! Love your tag too - the quotables are fab - really need to add some to my stamp collection! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi dear Jane, Happy Birthday to your strapping SON. Yes, our youngest will always be our baby. Forever and ever! The cakes are fabulous, I would love a piece of both, I will even forfeit my diet! Love your tag, perfect for a birthday and yes your wish has definitely been answered! Have a lovely lunch and Daisy day : )
    xoRobin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello dear Jane,

    Happy belated Birthday to Matt - he for sure had wonderful cakes for his special day! Amazing! And that giraffe-card looks fantastic too - I'm sure he loved it so.

    Have a lovely week, dear friend, and lovely time with little sunshine Daisy soon!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely tag Jane, the cake looks pretty yummy too! Thanks for sharing with us at Rhedd and Rosie's, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. great looking cakes : and the tag is pretty good too! Thank you for joining in The Artistic Stamper challenge this month

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those cakes and the golfing theme. I just had some lunch and those cakes look delicious!!
    Jane, have fun this weekend with Miss Daisy and family.

    Happy almost March,
    Anne D.T. xx
    PlumCreek Studio

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely to have a tea party for the family and for Matt's birthday, I bet you all thoroughly enjoyed it. Both of the cakes look very scrummy and I love the tag you made to go with the present. You are such a busy and talented lady xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Belated Birthday to Matt! What a lovely tea party you all had and both the cakes look really delicious! I love the tag you made :) Wishing you a happy weekend with your little Daisy and family.
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday to your son! It looks like you had a lovely celebration. Your card is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - a quarter century! Happy Birthday to him, and yum to that delicious looking cake.

    Back to business! Love your tag - wonderful sunshine greens, and that gilded quote looks fabulous. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Artistic Stamper.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  13. *H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!*!*!* to Matt! It looks like a wonderful party for your handsome son. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like Matt had a great Birthday Jane, it;s scare when we actually stop and realise how old they are isn't it.

    Loving your tag with the lush fusion of colours and gold stamping.

    Thanks for joining in at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  15. great cakes looks like a good time was had by all, love the tag, great colors. thank you for joining us at sentimental sundays
    good luck
    caroline dt

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sadly I am not allowed any cake right now - *sob* - as I'm really working hard to shift a few pounds but both cakes look delicious! It sounds like a lovely b-day, it's nice you live nearby, by that age I was in London. Happy Birthday wishes to your son :) Oh and nice tag, so much work involved in it. Bethx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mmmm got distracted by that wonderful cake! Fabulous tag you have made as well love your colour choices.
    Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight
    Love
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like you all had a very good day and no wonder with those gorgeous cakes!
    Love the gift tag, lovely colours and stamping and the gold embossing adds a lovely touch.
    Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. love your posts, super cake and the table looked great, another fabulous creation and love the colours on it
    hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy belated Birthday to your son, Jane! There is never too much cake and these both look fantastic! Have a lovely weekend! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  21. beautiful tag!!! So glad you joined us on Sentimental Sundays this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. How lovely that Matt spent his birthday with you, those cakes are making my mouth water!!
    Love your tag Jane, wonderful colour choice.
    Have a fabulous weekend.
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my word! That is one gorgeous tag!!! I LOVE it!!
    Thank you for sharing this with us at Sentimental Sundays. Good luck!
    xx
    Erum

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous tag and wow what beautiful cakes too! Thanks for joining us at Flonzcraft Vintage Stamping Challenges this time
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a beautiful tag, love the colors and texture

    ReplyDelete
  26. THank You so much for sharing this delightful post with us Jane! The cakes look amazing! Your whole family is so artistic!!
    Beautiful tag as well. Lucky Boy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nope, you can never have too much cake. Looks yummy, and so does the tag. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  28. A stunning Tag Jane,love all the distressing.It fits our theme perfectly over at Rhedd & Rosies...x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the bright, colourful background and great stamping...Thanks so much for sharing with us at FSC...Esther

    ReplyDelete
  30. You've used some wonderful colours on your tag! Thanks for joining us at Rhedd & Rosies challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x