Saturday 23 November 2013

The glorious colours of late autumn

Although we have had some dismal weather during the week we have still been having some glorious autumn sunshine. On my days off I always go out for a walk at some point and often head down to my beloved ponds. I grabbed my camera to get some photos of the gorgeous autumn colours which are around at the moment. I never get bored of walking to my beloved ponds which were shimmering in the low sunlight.
I love the light at this time of the year.

The trees have turned  gold, red and copper and looked spectacular in the sunshine and are only just beginning to drop their leaves.




Everyone was out enjoying themselves
and enjoying the last blasts of sunshine
and as I walked home I chased the setting sun



until the street lights began to flicker on. I have lived here for over 30 years and I still never get bored of walking around and every time I do I spot something new. I thought the lamppost below  looks like something out of Narnia, I wonder if one day I may spot Mr Tumnus there?
Just beautiful, I find walks like this just so invigorating and I love the history of where I live, our church is even mentioned in the Doomsday Book written in 1086.

My card today features another stamp I never get bored of using, my Stampendous snowy postcard stamp. I just love the vintage feel of it and the warmth it gives out and it makes me feel so cosy and snug at home.


The backing papers are ancient I think they may be Papermania. The sentiment is LOTV and I added some Cheery Lynn holly leaves and holly branch. The poinsettia is Marianne and I used some of my hand coloured papers for it. You will also see that I had added some of my favourite frantage too and lots of glitter for some festive sparkle.


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Joann Sheen Celebrate
Sweet  Stampin Celebration happy 4th birthday to this sweet challenge blog
Loves rubber stamps Shabby chic or vintage
Papercrafting journey Bling it up
Divas by Design make it pretty
ABC Christmas W for winter wishes
Christmas cards all year round Winter wonderland
Crafts too Challenge you Vintage Christmas twist 2 polychromatic
Country view crafts Letters my card is literally my "letter! (postcard ;0)
Divas by design make it pretty
Little Claire's Christmas
A Creative Romance Vintage style
Allsorts Bring on the bling
Vintage stamping Traditional Christmas time
Bearly mine Christmas Traditional colours red or green using die cuts
The Paper Shelter Christmas is coming
Rhedd and Rosie Christmas is coming
Stamping for the weekend feeling festive
Bunny Zoe  shabby chic/vintage
Make it Monday linky party #167

I really am feeling very festive now (only 32 days to go). Please remember that I am part of Lori's  wonderful Visions of Sugarplums Blog event starting on Dec 2. Please share this with all your other crafty friends, there are prizes too. There is also a link in my side bar. If you also mention this event, with the link, on one of your  blog posts, do pop over to tell Lori here . She is offering an extra entry into the grand prize for everyone who does this. Simples!

I am sure that you would also like to see how our darling granddaughter  Daisy is doing...we visited again yesterday evening. She is just a sweetie and so alert for 11 days old. Are you ready for an awwwwhh moment?

Here she is.............

and do you think I love this little soul..................just a little bit...;0)
Thanks for all your lovely comments, emails, cards and even pressies you have sent to to me and my Hb and  to my darling daughter and SIL, they are just so taken aback by everyone's outpouring of good wishes and love.

Have a crafty weekend everyone, it's been a glorious sunny morning here. I am heading down to my studio now to get my next Funkie Junkie's tags for Christmas, Christmas card made. It's number 9 already, I had better get cracking.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

32 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwweee! :) Little sweetheart!
    Beautiful photos Jane, there has been some amazing colour about this autumn.
    Gorgeous card too, very traditional which I love!
    Happy crafting my friend,
    V xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful grand-daughter, she is delightful...

    Your card is absolutely stunning, unfortunately you have not included any of the elements from our list for this particular challenge.
    I would love to see you re-enter our challenge,maybe add the elements to your card..

    Sandie..x (owner at Rhedd & Rosies)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a classic and beautiful card. I love the vintage look! Thanks so much for joining us at Loves Rubber Stamps and look forward to seeing more of your creations again soon! PS Your grandbaby is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,beautiful photos,magic colours!the card is very nice and the baby too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Jane. Perfect for our winter wishes challeng. Thank you for playing along with us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful photos - love that you expect to see Mr Tumnus at the lamppost! Wonderful story. Great card - its the best stamp - I love that one to bits! Daisy continues to grow an looks fabulous! Have a great weekend - hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jane, what a lovely post!
    I can't believe how rich and beautiful your neck of the woods is. The history really shines through your pictures and fantastic sun glares by the way!
    I love your card and the fact that you always seem to connect your project with the pictures you share ;)
    Lovely pictures of Daisy Jane! Thank You~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh your granddaughter is adorable! Fab photos and your card is lovely :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on that precious baby granddaughter and your card is just beautiful. Fantastic use of embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The ponds look beautiful at the moment and your card is fabulous. Of course your granddaughter steals the show, no wonder you love her so much, she is just gorgeous.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  11. how gorgeous love the colour
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet photo of the two of you. :) She's a doll! I enjoyed your photos from your walk as well, tfs.

    This stamp is a favorite of mine and your Christmas card is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photos and a beautiful baby. I can only imagine what Grandma is going to do this Christmas! Very pretty card too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Jane and Daisy,

    It's snowing here!! I really enjoyed your Autumn pond and trees. Thanks Jane for showing us more of your town.

    Your card just fits in with our scenery!
    Fun to see more of Miss Daisy,
    Happy late November,
    Anne and all
    PC22

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful post Jane!...I've just been doing a 'Daisy' catch up too..it's lovely to see her home and such a gorgeous pic of you together...she's such a sweetie!
    Your autumn walk pics are just beautiful too...
    Happy New Week,
    Susan x
    P.S Love your snowy card...gorgeous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMGosh I would never tire of that fabulous scenery either, how wonderful! Thanks for sharing part of your walk. Fabulous vintage card and design! I love the colors and the die cuts and the great colors. Adorable little one! So very cute. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love just oozes from you Jane. I can still remember the first time I gazed upon my little granddaughter (she is 15 now) but the memory is still as vivid as ever.

    Beautiful and serene card with such amazing colour tones.

    Thank you for sharing with us at C2Cu.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wowww,wowww,wowwww waht a little princess Jane, congratulations, let me know if you want some P Rabbit or baby picts for her,,,,,,,as gift,,,,woww,woww,,,,,,,horayyy for Daisy & Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card, love the stamp and super details. Thanks for joining us at the PCJ challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Jane! I love visiting your blog and seeing your stunning pictures of such lovely places to visit! What a beautiful walk that would be on the trail! And seriously...I don't think your little grandbaby could be any sweeter! Gorgeous job on your card as always :) Thank you so much for playing along with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week! We hope to see you play again soon! Good luck in the draw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous scenic pictures and fabulous card!! Thank you for joining in our challenge at http://thepapershelter.blogspot.com! Hugs, Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loved your post. I took a minute and relaxed as I read it all. Your walk sounds lovely and that is a beautiful lamppost. The baby is beautiful and I caught myself doing the "oooohing". hahahhaa. I love your card. It's a beautiful card that reminds me of where you live. It's done beautifully. Thanks for joining us at the Sweet Stampin' challenge this week and hope to see you again soon, too! Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, I love all your photos :) Especially the little one <3 Your card is lovely too :) Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter this week! Hugs, Merkkari

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful Christmas card. Your granddaughter is so beautiful and adorable, you both look contented in the photo. So happy and proud..Thank you for join us at Little Claire's and hoping you would like to join us again soon. Good luck in draw..Hugs Lozzy x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card and that is a great stamp, I can see why you love it. Your granddaughter is beautiful, congrats to you and your family! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

    ReplyDelete
  26. this is adorable its a sweet card thanks for joining us over on divas by designs x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your photos and your card. Thanks for sharing this for CCAYR 'winter wonderland' challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, CCAYR design team - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for November - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful and gorjuss! Thanks for playing with us at ABC Christmas Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful card Jane, thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts for our Bring on The Bling challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  30. beautiful card thanks so much for joining us at Bunnyzoes this month
    hugs sara x x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such a Great card.
    So wintery.
    Thank you for sharing it with us at CCAYR for the "winter wonderland" challenge

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fabulous card - very festive x Great use of dies x
    Thanks for playing along with us at stampin' for the weekend & good luck x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x