Saturday 16 November 2013

Peepo Daisy Jane!

As promised I am back with  proper post to share more about the arrival of our most precious granddaughter, Daisy Jane. I am sure you can all remember those early sleepless days (and nights) with brand new babies! We were able to go down again last night to visit and had lots of cuddles with this precious parcel. Here she is fast asleep in her granddad's arms. I just adore this little girl ;0)

The latest outfits I bought are the next size and are just a little big but she filled the tiny baby size so I thought best to go one up. This set is from the Very Hungry Caterpillar books...there are so many beautiful baby clothes to buy and I am enjoying being the indulgent Nana.
I also wanted to share with you the best baby book in the world. If you have never heard of it...it's Peepo by Janet and Allan Ahlberg.

It has been in print for many years and my Mum bought it for my daughter when she was a baby. It is the most delightful book as you can say the word "Peepo" and point through at the pictures. They now make a "board" version of the book so it is just perfect for babies.



I so agree.  I will have such fun reading this with Daisy just as I did with her Mummy ;0)

Daisy is enjoying sleeping in her Moses basket (as did her Mummy and her Uncle all those years ago.) You can see how tiny she looks in it.
She has received so many lovely presents and cards and here is the one I made her. My daughter's favourite stamp I own is Bella sleeping by Wild Rose Studio and so I made one of my special accordion cards.

Here are some close ups;
I coloured Bella sleeping with my Promarkers and highlighted with Prismacolor pencils. The quote is one from LOTV ...I love this. I wrote her birthday date on my Marianne baby clothes die cut.
I generated our message on the computer.The baby button is from a sweet Dressin' Up button set as is the Daisy (how appropriate) button.
I also attached lots of baby themed charms including this teddy
I just loved making this card. One more view ;0)

I would like to enter my card into the following card challenges;

Crafty Ribbons anything goes with ribbon
Cute Card Thursdays So angelic
Crafty Little Fairies Top of the pops inspired by a song My song is Eric Clapton's Wonderful tonight..this is just how I feel!
Card Crafter's Circle Pastel colours
Lili of the Valley Pink and white my image used is the Babies' quotable stamp from the Pretty Vintage range which I won earlier in the year. What a great quote it is too.
Digi designs Girlie
Pile it on show us your tools the tools I have used are my Big Shot to cut the accordion card and my heat gun to melt the embossing powder on my baby quote
The Paper Shelter For someone special
A Little Bit Crafty sparkle and shine
Country View Crafts Letters my letters are the alphabet all over the frames of my card
Heck of a Challenge In the frame
Make It Monday Linky party #166
Penny Black and More Anything goes

Daisy went for her first check up this morning at the community hospital and is doing well. She also went for her first trip into Southampton in her little car seat. These were the photos my darling daughter sent me today...don't you just love modern technology, you really are able to "see" your grandchildren every day even though you can't actually be there in person.
 This is the Humprey's Corner babygro I took down for her yesterday.
and here is my darling Daisy on her way out.
Awww I could eat this little sweetie ;0)

Have a wonderful weekend everyone and thanks again for all the lovely comments, emails and even cards that everyone has sent. This really is such an amazing time in my life and I am delighted to have been able to share it with you all.

I was working out in my studio earlier and was shocked to find that it was dark at 3.45pm...eek! Winter really is near..but never mind, that means Christmas is just around the corner (actually it's just 39 days away).
Strictly is on soon so my Hb and are are going to open a bottle to celebrate the most wonderful week and raise our glass to the safe arrival of our beloved granddaughter.

Cheers to our Daisy Jane,

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

Edit; I would just like to add that I am taking part in Lori's fab annual Christmas blog jaunt, Visions of Sugar Plums. If you love Christmas traditions you will love this!
Please pass this logo on and put in your side bars. There will be all sorts of fun at my favourite time of the year. Please link it to Lori's blog here
More will be revealed soon! Jx

26 comments:

  1. beautiful photos Jane and a really stunning card for little daisy. She's definitely smiling in that first picture! Big Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell little Daisy is going to be completely spoilt by her grandmother! :) And rightly so too!!!!
    She is adorable! :)
    Your baby card is beautiful, I do love that style of card. You are going to have a lot of fun with daisies in the years to come, such a pretty flower to be named after.
    Enjoy your Saturday evening ( I'm watching Strictly with my iPad on my knee),
    V xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. *C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S*!* again on the birth of that beautiful, precious baby.. and she has hair! Mine were all bald! The card is magnificent, I can see her in years to come admiring what her grandma made to celebrate her birth. What is "Strictly"? Enjoy your weekend! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers to Daisy Jane and you, too! She is quite a candy! Those tiny baby cloths are so cute; lucky you to go for shopping!
    We have had also colder days and today I had my winter jacket for the doggy walk - cold wind from the sea and huge waves!
    Have a lovely Sunday! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your new grand daughter, and your card is absolute beauty
    Thanks for joining at Heck of a Challenge: In The Frame
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photo's!! And such an adorable card, thank you for sharing over at MIM, Hugs Kerry DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATULATIONS!!! She's a beauty. Wishing you many years of happiness together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is such a Beauty indeed and my oh my! You pulled no stops on the card you created especially for her birth! Absolutely breath taking Jane! Thank YOu...
    (I was wondering if you had a picture of your DD in that same basket, it would be so touching to see the two babies in the same basket...)

    ReplyDelete
  9. She certainly is a sweetie, thanks for sharing the fabulous photos of her and your card is beautiful too full of wondrous nursery colours and images and a fabulous design.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  10. GOrgeous card for a gorgeous granddaughter.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  11. My sweet Jane, What can be said of those beautiful photos of your "Daisy Jane" she is so lovely, adorable and a gift! Love her outfits from Nana and grandpa, isn't it so fun to shop for granddaughters!? Your card is over the TOP! It is stunning and so darling! Love the accordion, colors, button, charm, and stamp!!
    Your Christmas will be extra special this year!
    Cheers to all of you, xoRobin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jane . I know exactly where you are. Totally in love as we are with our Grandson William. He is nearly 2 now and we are visiting him in Dubai at the moment. Can you imagine how we felt when our son announced he was moving there for work . We had waited so long for our first Grandchild. Still. They are so happy and we have had a wonderful visit. Going to be heartbreaking when we leave though.
    Your new Grand daughter is just gorgeous. Congratulations to you all

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW Jane, HUGE CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!! She looks adorable, and by the looks of things is going to be one very loved baby.
    Your card is amazing and certainly one that will be treasured throughout her life. Fabulous design and layout and perfect sentiment.
    Thanks for joining in with our 'For Someone Special' challenge at The Paper Shelter this week, and good luck
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. How very amazing each new child is! Congratulations! I absolutely adore your accordion card, it's so precious - just like the baby! Thank you for sharing with us at Card Crafter's Circle!

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is adorable Jane, indulge and enjoy as they grow all too quickly.

    And your card really is lovely and perfect, thanks so much for joining us at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  16. loved your card Jane, just gorgeous however yet again overshone by the little bundle of joy :)
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweet baby!
    Gorgeous card, beautiful design.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more Challenge, good luck.
    Welcome again;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such sweet pictures of your dear little newborn Daisy! Your card for her is really gorgeous, I love the style and the sweet colours. Wishing you a wonderful week.....being a granny is such a marvellous thing!!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW Wonderful babu card, its beautiful,fab design... thanks for joining in with our challenge at CRAFTY RIBBONS and love the little photo's she is so adorable....enjoy! x carol

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jane she's just precious, what a proud Grandma you must be! She'll soon be filling those little outfits! My children used to love that book too, we had a few by Janet and Allan Ahlberg.
    This card is stunning, what a lovely gift that they will treasure for ever.

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. aah little Daisy is so sweet, and what a fantastic keepsake you created for her, fab work.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More this month.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card Jane, I like the images and the design, Thanks for joining in with us at Heck of a challenge, Good Luck. beautiful baby too.
    kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Dear Jane,

    Sorry to be late in commenting……Perfect card for your special first grand baby.
    My favorite photo is of Daisy sleeping in her basket.
    I know those authors but not that book. I'd love to find a copy and send it to baby Henry.

    Congratulations again…..
    Anne xx
    PC22

    ReplyDelete
  24. Adorable photos Jane,,,,,,so adorable baby,,,,,,I am watching the funny book,,,,,, I haven´t heard about these chatacters.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous card Jane - great use of the letters! Thanks for sharing it with us at Country View Crafts Challenge this month. (Gorgeous pics too!)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Daisy is looking just gorgeous! And you did right on the baby clothes size, I remember my boys growing so very quickly they hardly had chance to wear the little clothes and we struggled to make sure each beautiful outfit we were given got worn at least once! I hope you are enjoying your days with sweet memories of cuddling her and get to visit again soon. Bethx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x