Tuesday 12 November 2013

Our darling Grandbaby

Yes I finally have news that at 8.58am yesterday, 11th November 2013 my darling granddaughter came into this world. Words just cannot express how I feel about this bundle of joy. My son in law sent me this photo to my phone whilst I was at work.....
Please meet Daisy Jane....and what a little beauty she is. I just cried as soon as I saw this. She weighed 7lbs 13oz so not the tiny bundle that we were told!

My Hb and I went straight down to the hospital in Southampton after work to meet her and to see my amazingly clever daughter and my wonderful son-in-law. I just gathered her up into my arms...oh my I cannot describe the feeling of love and relief I felt that she had come safely into this world.
I think the following photos just speak for themselves....I still get moist eyed when I look at my precious Daisy Jane
 Note that she is wearing Nana's hand knitted hat ;0)

My darling little girl, so very, very special.
This is a very quick post, as you can imagine life is a little hectic at the moment. We are hopefully going back on Friday to see the family again and have some more cuddles. This time we hope that they will be at back at home.

Now my card today is just coincidental as I made it on Saturday when I did not know that a baby girl was coming our way (as my daughter said, my little crafter-to-be )
It is a pink and white Christmas card which I made as I wanted to enter a few challenges....how apt is this for today's post.
 I used one of the Lili of the Valley pre printed die cut sheets they sell on Ebay which are so pretty, and very reasonable in price. They are so useful when you don't have time to colour an image. Here it is in close up.
I added some Glamour Dust to add some sparkle.
I also added a Marianne tree with lots of stars to sparkle and a pink and white ribbon too. The holly die cut is Cheery Lynn as are the little white snowflakes.  I used a snowflake embossing folder to make the pink background and the frame around the image is actually the "waste" from one of my accordion cards (how useful is that!). The sentiment is also LOTV which I also added glitter to.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;
Lili of the Valley use pink and white
The Ribbon Girl Lovely Lili's challenge add sparkle
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge outdoors
Winter Wonderland for a child
Crafty Little Fairies Christmas in November
Pile it On Show us your tools I have used my Big Shot die cutter for my die shapes and the embossed snowflake background. I also used my distressing tool around the edge of the sentiment.
2 Sisters  Christmas sparkle
Papertake Weekly snow and ice
Bearly Mine Christmas in Pink
The Cutie Pies Little Cuties
Creative Creations Sparkle and shine



I will be back really soon to share some more Daisy photos, in the meantime here is one of my sleeping princess just before we left last night........
Shhh we don't want to wake her.

Can you tell that I am in love..........

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

21 comments:

  1. congratulations Jane to you and yours - fabulous news and beautiful pictures - and such a gorgeous card to boot! Aw - she's gorgeous! Give her a hug from me! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe Jane I am so thrilled for you all, she is absolutely amazing, such a wonderful time for your whole family.
    Best wishes to you all, especially your clever daughter!
    Your card is just as it should be today.....pink and cute!! :)
    Welcome to the world pretty Dausy Jane! xxx
    V xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Jane and all!! What a wonderful news....Hello Miss Daisy Jane!
    Super happy for you and the whole family.
    Your card is perfect for a little girl.

    Congratulations again!!
    with hugs,
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Nana, Daisy Jane is the sweetest little angel and she looks so content in your loving arms! So happy everyone is doing well. Yes, your clever daughter and SIL did a beautiful job!!! Sending my love across the pond, xoRobin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurrah Jane!...Congratulations on the arrival of beautiful Baby Daisy Jane...(and how special that she has grandma's name too)...I'm so happy for you all and have to say she looks gorgeous and cosy in her little knitted hat (clever grandma...a perfect fit!) and she seems very laid back about her arrival into the world too!
    Such a pretty card for a perfect day,
    Susan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many,many congratulations, Jane! Love and best wishes to all the family, especially that beautiful bundle of joy, Daisy Jane! So glad she arrived safely and I'm sure she will bring you all much happiness in the years ahead! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Jane and sending every blessing to your beautiful baby grand daughter! oh and your card is lovely! Thanks for joining in the Lovely Lili Challenge to add sparkle! Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  8. *C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S*!* to you all! What a darling little girl! I'm so happy she arrived so perfect and healthy! Give her some hugs from Oregon.. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear sweet Nana,

    My warmest wishes to you, the new granpa-M :) and the most of all to the new little family! Daisy Jane is the sweetest princess, I am sure there's no dry eye anywhere when reading this! Congratulations, and happiest times! Hectic it will be but happily so - it's been just like that here for the bast 1,5 months :)

    Lovely first days to you all, we'll talk more soon!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  10. CONGRATULATIONS Jane!
    and WELCOME Sweet Daisy!!

    So happy for you and for your family!
    I think I would still be crying if I were you. my! How precious and special indeed...thank you for sharing your feelings and the adorable first pictures!

    Your card is adorable and I love the girly palette (maybe you knew deep down in your heart?)

    All the Best to You,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Jane, I'm so happy to meet Daisy Jane and to welcome her! Congratulations to Millie, You and all the family! I believe her birthdate will bring her luck! She is so sweet and beautiful!
    Your card is just perfect for today's post! It's very cute and I think those colours are lovely for Christmas card. Hugs1 x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful such a pretty creation and wow Daisy Jane is just as gorgeous, okay changing that better than your card, but then I am sure you agree too, enjoy, oh and both images are perfect for our theme at the Winter Wonderland. Thank you for joining us
    Hugs Kate

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome to the world lovely little Daisy Jane! Congratulations to you and all your family, Jane! Well done to your daughter :)
    Your new grandbaby is absolutely beautiful, and your pretty pink card is perfect for today!
    Enjoy the magical first days of your sweet grandbaby.
    Sending love.
    Helen xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Jane, congratulations on your little Daisy Jane. She is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay she has arrived and what a gorgeous bundle of love she is. So pleased for you all Jane, I know you will love every moment of being a grandma. Enjoy cos they grow up way too fast.
    Love your cute pink card - it was certainly meant to be.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful, wonderful news Jane! Congratulations to you and yours an such an exciting 'event' and welcome to Daisy Jane, she really is lovely :) Bethx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Daisy is gorgeous! Thanks for entering your lovely card for CHNC challenge 150 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for November - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello..ooh your card is gorgeous and OOOH WOW your Grandaughter is so adorable and beautiful
    ...congratulations to you and your family.
    Thanks for joining in with our challenge at BEARLY-MINE x carol

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a such a lovely Christmas card and a very pretty Granddaughter, congratulations! Thanks for entering the Winter Wonderland Challenge this week!
    Hugs Lynsey x P.s I have some candy on my blog if you are interested

    ReplyDelete
  20. First up, fantastic card, i just love the image and the colours…. but my oh my your new addition is just the cutest!!! congratulations on her safe arrival!!! thanks for playing along with us this week at Creative Creations Challenges and our 'sparkle and Shine challenge :) good luck and we hope to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a PRETTY card, and a BEAUTIFUL SWEET granddaughter!! LOVED all those photos you shared!! CONGRATS!!!
    Thanks for joining us last week at PIO!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x