Monday 4 November 2013

More knitting and counting

I am glad you all liked the little jacket I have knitted my grandbaby and I wanted to show you a couple of other things too before he/she puts in an appearance. If you remember in my Knitting Nana post here I showed you how I found my old retro patterns from the 1980s when my 2 were babies. One I treasure is this one
It is a very pretty pattern and I knitted the shawl below using the left hand pattern when I was pregnant in 1985/6 with my darling daughter. I also kept it and I was delighted recently to pass it on to her.


It has kept really well and after a freshen up in the washing machine it looked as good as new.  I also promised to show you the little hats I have been making. I have never knitted "in the round" but managed to teach myself and knitted 3 little hats in different yarns and sizes
They should keep the cold away from a newborn head. The 2 white ones have an infinite rolling brim so should fit well. The cream one is a larger one. I must admit I shan't be making any more hats..they are a bit of a pain to make using 4 needles. I felt as though I was juggling with chop sticks. I think I have done all the knitting I want to do for the time being. The only other thing I may do at some stage is to knit another Tooth Pixie as I am sure I have still got the pattern somewhere.

We went down to visit my daughter and SIL on Friday evening and took them out to dinner. The nursery is all ready and I was delighted to see the Moses basket is ready and waiting. We smiled when we saw who is in there.......
This is Katie..her childhood doll who went everywhere we did! The Moses basket was the first bed for my daughter and my son and it is wonderful to see it being used with the next generation. There are new covers and mattress to bring it up to date, how cute is that cover?
Here is Katie in close up... she does not look bad for 26 does she?

 She will have to make way very soon for this sweet bump...
You will see the current DIY is also on the go...yes the lounge has been re plastered, re floored, re wired, re everything and the race is on to get it finished asap as the baby is due this Friday! My most recent buys for my grandbaby are these


Do you think that it shows that I could by any chance be a doting grandmother??!! I am beyond excited now and I just want to meet my little grandson or granddaughter...names are still being decided.....
So we really have reached the final week of my darling girl's pregnancy, her due date is this Friday...8th November but obviously the little one will decided when he or she wants to put in an appearance.

My card today is not a baby card but a vintage style Christmas card with a wonderful nativity image. It is my design team GD card using a wonderful pre-coloured image from Nicecrane Designs It is another image from the Adorable Christmas sheet here. I love these images so much, they really epitomise the Christmas spirit for me.


The backing paper is a digital download which I have embossed with gold embossing powder to give a frosty effect.This is picked up on the gold card too with the embossed holly leaves. The hymn sheet is another download from last year. The holly leaves are Cheery Lynn. I have distressed the edge of the green card to add to the vintage feel and added some Vintage Photo distress ink. Some gold edged red ribbon and red pearl add the finishing touches.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Bunny Zoe Ribbon
Whimsy Card Challenges anything goes
Die cut Divas Holidays and Celebrations my celebration is Christmas
Stamping Sensations Christmas
Allsorts Christmas Cheer
A Gem Of a Challenge Christmas is coming
Pan Pastels anything goes
Artistic Inspirations  Anything goes/spots/stripes
Crafty Ribbons anything goes with ribbon
Make it Monday linky party #165

Luckily my grandbaby will be able to sleep snug in a Moses basket.....no need to seek out the assistance of the local inn keeper and borrow the manger.... ;0)
Thank you all for being so supportive and excited for this imminent birth. Your comments are so encouraging and I know you are all thinking of my darling girlie and our SIL as they await the birth of our first grandchild. We are all counting the days.

Enjoy the week, back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x


31 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and beautiful baby items. I saw these on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane, Love the knitted blanket you made 26 years ago, my did it keep nicely and Katie what a treasure. For a second I thought you were telling us it was a girl!!!! I see you have been enjoying the nana role of buying all the adorable baby clothes, one of my favorite things to do!!! "Girlie's" bump is soooo sweet, thanks for the peek.
    Love the beautiful card, soon real soon, xoRobin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowww Jane,, love your idea to add a music sheet,,,,,on the back,,,,,,it look great wiht my aodralbe Xmas pict,,,,,,,Thanks for sharing. wow,woww

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane, I'm so excited for you to have the baby coming so soon. You will not believe how much you will love that darling child. I can't wait to hear about the birth and the name and see photos!!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a clever lady you are Jane - such beautiful knits - love the babygro too - so sweet xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous shawl Jane, lovely that it will be wrapped around another generation! Sweet little hats too. :)
    I'm loving all the bunnies......a good start for any baby! ;)
    I can just imagine how excited you must be!!!
    A lovely traditional card today. :)
    Happy new week.....I wonder will it be a special one!
    V xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. piękna kartka, dzięki niej Święta wydają się być blisko :) Zwróciła moją uwagę na MIM, pozdrawiam :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Jane what a precious post so full of love and promises...I love the fact that you have kept the knitted treasures and bassinet to pass down to your DD...
    what a special and exciting time indeed! My Mom's bday is November 8Th.
    Your card is delightful. You are bringing the Christmas spirit to all of us ;)
    Thank You~

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm excited with you. It's fun to see everything is ready for the new arrival. I'm partial to November babies since it's my month. Very pretty card. Goes so well with your expectations :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH MY GOODNESS, JANE!!! (sorry I am yelling!) But I am SO thrilled to see that you are awaiting the arrival of your grandbaby!!!! I'm thrilled for your entire family and I know he/she will just be incredibly spoiled and loved to bits. Such a wonderfully lucky little one to be born into your wonderful loving family! And goodness, the knitting is amazing..you truly are one talented woman. The blanket is gorgeous, and those hats are so wonderful too! I'm so excited for all of you..how quickly time flies. Wishing a very healthy, happy, and speedy delivery and all the best as you await the big day!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not long now Jane and you can feel the excitement in your post. How lovely to see next generation heirlooms being used and what fabulous knitted pieces, love those little hats. A beautiful cad too, new baby, Christmas, it is such a wonderful time for you all.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  12. ah back to your fabulous photo's thank you :) I do love looking and reading as well as admiring your gorgeous cards such a sweet image on this one and love the distressed music score
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. As it’s something I don’t like doing will admit at the beginning that this is a copy and paste comment as I am unable to type properly at the moment, but didn't want to miss the opportunity to take a look at your lovely Christmas creation and thank you for joining us at Allsorts and Stamping Sensations.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What gorgeous crafts you do. I really enjoyed seeing them. Your card is absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for playing along with us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Jane, that shawl is stunning. I still have the one my Mum knitted for me when I had Emma and I too hope one day to pass it on to her for her little ones. Gorgeous Christmas card too.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great design for the images.

    Glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good afternoon Jane...I've just been having a good look at your beautiful shawl and it looks very similar to the one my mum knitted for my girls which I keep safely wrapped away...I love your little hats knitted in the round too.
    Yes, this will be one very lucky baby to have you as a grandma Jane...I can't imagine how excited you must be feeling at the thought of meeting your little grandbaby for the first time..it really can't be too long now! ♥
    Love your new card..x
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous vintage Christmas card Jane..
    Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good evening, Jane! I love the fact that you have passed on the shawl that you had for your babies to your imminent arrival - I had a beautiful shawl that my nan had made when my eldest was born and it meant so much! Fab knitting of those sweet little hats - something I'm still very envious of! It certainly won't be long before they're filled by a beautiful little head!
    Wishing all of you the very best at this exciting time and I look forward to seeing your new grandbaby! Love, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Jane--So fun to read this post, as I too had 2 babies in the 80s and I also knitted blankies, sweaters and booties for them. And I will also be getting them out soon and refreshing them as my oldest daughter is also pregnant!! Although I will have to wait a little longer to be a grandma, she is due in mid-March. Congratulations and good luck to your daughter and family!
    ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, Jane you have so exciting time there! Your baby shoppings are so sweet and beautiful as well as your knittings! You are in my thoughts! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful festive card Jane. Hope your new grandchild makes an appearance soon, such an exciting time! Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts for our Christmas Cheer challenge this week x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Terrific card what a lot of work! The knitting is lovely. Good luck this week at AI hope to see you back next week.
    Carmen
    DT Artistic Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card, just perfect for our challenge, and I love all the nitted items too. Good luck with the little one and thanks for joining in with us this month at Stamping Sensation. Maddy x P.S. all that talk about the 80s reminded me of the nitted dresses we used to have lol!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely shawl and bonnets. I'm pleased to see knitted/crotcheted items back in use. I had them for my babies, you can't beat them. Love your card. Thanks for joining us at BunnyZoe.
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Jane, I've admired this post several times. Thank you for sharing your lovely shawl and baby hats.How special to use this shawl with the new baby.
    Love the bunny set and Christmas Cheer!!
    Time is flying....can't wait to hear your good news.

    Happy crafting (in the meantime)
    Anne xx
    PC22

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh... so beautiful! Love the baby things, too!
    I stopped over from MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Absolutely beautiful Jane. Thank you for joining us at AGOAC this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your card is delightful. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas. Loved seeing the shawl. It is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  30. A stunning vintage Christmas card! Thanks for joining us at stamping Sensations this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very Beautiful Christmas creation, thanks for joining us at stamping sensations this month and good luck !

    Francesca x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x