Saturday 9 November 2013

Christmas at Harrods

It's such a wet, dreary Saturday that I thought I would cheer everyone up by sharing my photos from my recent Harrods trip. My regular readers will know that every year my Mum and I make our annual trip to Harrods in London to see the Christmas displays and decorations.
Harrods is my favourite shop in the world!
 Even from the outside it is the most impressive building.


 And inside is just another world. Over the last few years millions of pounds have been spent restoring the interior. The work is nearly complete and there is a feeling of luxury everywhere.
This is just one of  the escalators!




As always the Christmas department never disappoints.




We enjoyed seeing all the different themes and yes I came away with a new decoration for my tree. This year I was really taken by these sweet angels. My dear Mum bought me one.

Harrods still has a wonderful Santa's grotto and I am hoping in a few years time I will be taking my grandbaby there to meet Father Christmas..it's all so exciting that I will be able to go back to seeing Christmas through a young child's eyes.
I had some studio time today decided to do some Design team GD work for Ignacio. I thought my card needed to be a "vintage"Christmas card so I used one of my  Nicecrane designs . Do pop over to the blog there are always lovely projects on show by our Design Team and often freebies too. This image is from the  Happy Christmas sheet by Bowley which is available here. This is such a gorgeous sheet and I have plans for using other images from it. Here is my vintage childhood Christmas card
Just look at this gorgeous image
I had fun adding one of my hand made "word" trees to which I added lots of Cheery Lynn die cut snowflakes and stickles glitter. The fab snowman is a Sizzix fellow. The card base was made using my Go Create frilly die which I bought from the Hobby House with my challenge winnings voucher in the autumn. The snowflake borders are Joy Craft and the sentiment is also Cheery Lynn. I added some distress inks to the papers and the sentiment to give them a vintage feel. The snow under the snowflake is an ancient tub of snowtex I found in my studio and it is still in perfect condition.

As you can see I am not making this for a boy or a girl as I have used pink and blue!

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Bunny Zoe Ribbon
Country View Crafts Letters My letters are in my tree (they are actually made from a book page)
Polkadoodles Anything goes at Christmas
Whimsy Stamps Anything goes
Papertake weekly Anything goes
Loves Rubberstamps Anything goes
Bearly Mine Anything goes
Crafty Little Fairies Christmas in November
Creative Corner Sing a song My song is I believe in Father Christmas by Greg Lake. I love this song and if you don't know it there is a link here to You Tube here
Winter Wonderland For a child
Totally Papercrafts use glitter
Pan Pastels anything goes
A Little Bit Crafty Sparkle and shine
Artistic Inspiration anything goes with spots/stripes I have spots on my ribbon bow
Totally Gorjuss remember I am remembering Christmas' past
Make it Monday Linky Party #165
2 Sisters Christmas sparkle


I hope you are beginning to get your Christmas preparations planned, there are just 46 days to go. I am going Christmas shopping with my best friend Karen on Thursday so I hope to get some of my presents out of the way.

We have a fairly mellow weekend planned so I do hope to get some more studio time too. I am still able to work outside in my garden studio with my little heater on. I also love being out there after work when it's dark..it's so snug and I get an hour or so crafting before my Hb gets in.

Enjoy your weekend and if you watch Strictly, things are hotting up aren't they?

Keeeep dancing  crafting,

Back soon,

No baby news yet, all is well and I know how many of you are so excited for our news, thanks for being such great blogging buddies,

Jane x

































































Bearll

26 comments:

  1. loved the pictures , congrats on the baby. we are a 'little ' bit ahead of you we have 24 grands, and 10 soon to be 12 great grands and they are all ' grand'

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Jane,,,,,,,,,looooooooooveeeeee this shaped card,,,,,,,,I am really falling in lovw whith te vibrant colors,,,and the high quality in your printed card,,,,,,,,,love every detail there,,and I love Harrod picts,,, I havenver been there,, and it sound gret,,,what a stunning Xmas decoration my friend,,,,,Your christmas may a day to be placed there,,, I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane, thanks for taking me into Harrod's with you -- I loved the fabric star decoration, and your cute angel. Your card is FABOOOO! Thanks for the update on the baby.. let's hope he/she hurries and arrives safely! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo green, Jane! Harrods looks amazing and I bet it's even more so at this time of year with all the stunning Christmas goodies! I'll have to settle with my trip to the local garden centre! (Well, I say local, nothing's really local here in Wales, it's 20 miles away!)
    Love your pretty shaped card with it's lovely vintage feel and gorgeous details!
    Hope it's not long before your little bundle of joy arrives safely! All the best, hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card Jane and just love the image and beautiful details...fabulous photos of Harrods, what a wonderful store,I have nothing like that here in NZ..fantastic.
    Thanks for joining in with us at “Crafty Little Fairies..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your little angel Jane......so pretty! :) Still waiting though on the arrival of your other little angel ;)
    Really pretty card today!!
    I've no idea who is going to win Strictly...so many good couples this year!
    Enjoy your Sunday,
    V xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't been to Harrods for years, it looks as though the refurb has made quite a difference. Gorgeous card, love the blue and green and fabulous image.
    Can't be long now ............
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved all of the photos of Harrod's Jane, thanks for sharing those. Your card is beautiful and so is the vintage image. :D Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, love the fab vintage picture! Wonderful pictures of Harrods too and the lovely decorations.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card and image Jane. Visiting from MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty card Jane, thank you for joining in Premium Craft Brands challenge, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jane! Yes we are waiting and I knew that your are not yet grandma because you show your Harrods trip. I can only imagine what a wonder land it must be this time of the year! Your card is beautiful! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing your visit to Harrods. Your card is equally as stunning. Love it. Thank you for joining us over at Loves Rubberstamps. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is gorgeous super design, thank you for playing at the Winter Wonderland
    Hugs Kate xx
    fab photo's again thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a sweet card,love the colours you have used, well designed too, good luck in our challenge over on artistic inspirations x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Spot on Jane!
    I enjoyed the visit very much indeed and your beautiful card is in perfect keeping with Harrod's decorations!
    Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  17. gorgeous! And thanks for the trip down memory lane. It's been several years since I've been across the pond to London but I do remember the last time I visited all the Christmas decoration and such at Harrods...amazing!
    Thanks for joining our Inspired by A Song challenge at Creative Corner Challenges this week and hope to see you again.
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello (almost) Grandma Jane, What a great visit to Harrod's. Thanks for showing off the store and some of the Christmas goodies.
    Beautiful card!!
    Can't wait to hear some good news from you.

    Anne xx
    PC22

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that lamp. I feel like getting one and putting it at my front door to stare down at next year's trick or treaters. Looking forward to seeing the new baby news!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful piccies and wonderful card too. All the best for baby news! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  21. A wonderful trip around Harrods Jane...I haven't visited there for many years now so it's lovely to see your pics.
    I know I said this last time I visited you but there really can't be long to wait for your little grandbaby now...who is clearly very happy where he/she is for the moment!...You're going to have such a special Xmas...x
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful vintage image - fabulous shape and colours. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles. Karon, DT Polka Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card Jane, I love the image and beautiful detailing.
    Thank you for taking part in the Crafty Little Fairies Challenge this week
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello again Jane, just popping back to say Thank you for taking part in A Little Bit Crafty Challenge this month
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Adoreable card Jane!! Loved seeing inside Harrods..thank you so much for sharing.
    Thank yooou for joining us over at premium crafts brand challenge and good luck.
    Hugs
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a fabulous card and all your elements just showcase the gorgeous vintage image just beautifully. Thanks for joining us at Country View Crafts Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x