Thursday 8 December 2011

Come Dasher, come Dancer......make it festive!

Thursdays are my day off and I visited a wonderful Christmas display today with my parents at a garden Centre in Kent. There were live reindeer there too! Before I show those photos I would like to show my newest Card Challenge card. This one  features another super cute Lili of the Valley stamp called "Make it Festive"


I used my trusty ProMarkers to hand colour the image, enhanced with a little prismacolor pencil.






I added some Stickles  glitter to Milly's bow and to the table cloth and ornaments to give some sparkle.
The backing paper features little gingerbread men and I also had some lovely green embossed holly card in my stash.
I also used a lovely deep pink backing card for matting.
















I fixed some real lace and some of my punch cut snowflakes, which I gave some extra sparkle to by adding silver glitter and a silver central gem.





















I wired together a dramatic bouquet of mulberry paper roses and rose buds which I glitzed up with some glitter.

I finished off my card with a round sentiment.














I am entering my card into the following challenges.
Lili of the Valley White, pink and silver
Paper Crafting Journey Christmas Challenge
Ladybug Crafts Ink  Snowflakes and Sparkle
ProMarkers Blogspot Mega Christmas Challenge
ABC Christmas Challenge  Y is for Yipee
Creative Craft Crew 'Tis the Season
Joanna Sheen's Challenge Christmas Wishes
Cute Card Thursday Challenge 194 anything goes
Papertake Weekly Challenge Anything goes

Thanks for looking at my card.



So onto my news of Rudolf's friends (well OK they were not really called Dasher and Dancer but I am allowed some poetic licence at this time of year surely ;0)

These sweeties were on display  and seemed happy to pose for photos.














In the grounds were also 2 huge stunning willow models.























I also thought this display was very seasonal.























There were lots of lovely tree displays























Rows of different coloured Poinsettia, mind you for me a Poinsettia just has to be red!

















And many types of indoor and outdoor lights, some even moved!!















We enjoyed a festive lunch of brie and cranberry panini  (my favourite Christmas filling!) and then returned to my parents'  house for a cup of tea before I came home. My Dad had also cut me some holly for my house from his garden and I was stunned to see SO many berries this year. Last year at this time the birds had almost stripped all the berries from the trees. Look at the abundance of them!


So that is a lovely festive photo to end my post. I also just need to point out gently that in my Countdown to Christmas there are now only 17 days until the Big day.

I have my work Christmas party tomorrow night, our dancing party on Saturday and then we are going down to Southampton on Sunday to see Milly's tree. Lot's of making merry ahead! I hope you all have a wonderful upcoming weekend and "see" you all next week.

And if you were wondering how Billy is getting on with his Christmas Preparations.....................

.........................................well at least he has one eye open in this photo ;0)

Bye for now,

Jane x

34 comments:

  1. Oh, that Billy, he's a frisky one! Love him to bits.
    Jane I love that new card, the stamp is so cute, may be one of my favorites......maybe it's the theme I love too. Great to see Dasher and Dancer looking so well, I hope they are resting up for the big night. Have a great weekend and party hardy!! xoRobin❅

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to be Dasher and Dancer all rolled into one tomorrow night Robin. Thanks for your sweet comments - I really love this image too probably because it reminds me of my sweet Billy. Enjoy your weekend too.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I do love Billy's attitude to all the fuss! :)
    Your cards are so clever Jane and I love the little cat who appears in them!
    Aren't the reindeer beautiful and the little fat robins are ever so cute. :)
    I have to agree with you poinsettia should definitely be red, in fact I have a red one in my living room at the moment. You'll also be pleased to know that my trees are up!! A big one in the living room, a small one in the hall and a fibre optic one in the dining room.
    Have a wonderful weekend Jane, it sounds a busy one!
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!
    Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
    Have a fabulous, creative day, Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane, another brilliant card! How are you doing in your competitions? Be sure and let us know. I'm busy like you are the next several days.. goodness me!
    :¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    :¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Jane, I can feel the Christmas so well in your post! I must be so wonderful every where with festive decorations, Christmas flowers, people around shopping and preparing!
    Your new card is amazing!
    Hugs to Billy!
    Have a lovely weekend!
    xxx Teje

    ReplyDelete
  7. Billy really has the right approach in the run up to Christmas doesn't he Vivienne. Also this cold weather plays it's part. Another believer that poinsetia must be red- hoorah !It's going to be a busy but fun weekend - enjoy yours and I'm so glad the trees are up.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. No luck so far Teresa but hopefully my name Will come out of the hat one day. I haven't made top 3 either but then there is tough competition out there with some amazing talent .
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Teje the Christmas spirit is really all around us [as well as love] we even watched Love Actually dvd last weekend as we enjoy it as much as Mia does! Happy weekend.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, card Jane and I love the willow model too! Thank you for joining us on the Joanna Sheen Challenge, Jane (DT) s
    http://thecraftbucket.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jane, thanks for your visit here. The new Joanna Sheen Challenge blog is great! Merry Christmas,
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Christmas card, Jane. I love the details and colours. And I loved all your other Christmassy pictures too. We saw some (real) reindeer at our local garden centre last year...they are beautiful animals aren't they? The ones we saw had a big basket of reindeer moss to eat while we were there! I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your family and friends.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab card, love the image and the colours
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this newest card, Jane. The little girl and her cat are lovely. Thanks for sharing with your readers. Also, Thank you for the "tour" of the gardening centre.
    (Your parent's holly looks so festive.)



    Time is flying and Christmas will be here before we know it!!


    best wishes,
    Anne
    PlumCreek22

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much Lindsay . Have a great weekend.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are such sweet stamps to colour Anne. I have never seen so many holly berries on the trees So late in the year. Enjoy your weekend too.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Helen I loved adding the detail to this card. The reindeer were very sweet! Have a lovely weekend.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful card Jane! The image is adorable and coloured beautifully. Love all the detail and embellies.
    Thanks for joining us at Ladybug Crafts Ink Challenge this week.
    Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's so kind Diane and thanks for visiting me here.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh fabby card! love all your photos too! Thanks for joining in with us at ABC Christmas Challenge this time, Come play again soon, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks Samantha I really enjoyed making this card. Lovely to see you here.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear Jane,

    I think I know that fabulous card... I am not bragging ;) or anything but that just might be the most beautiful Christmas-card and... Thank you dear so much!

    I'm back from our happy shopping spree and it was lovely, lovely, lovely! I know you had a busy weekend too, I hope it was wonderful also!

    We'll talk soon again and kiss Billy for me again!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  23. That card was made with love Mia :-) as well as some pink! We are just driving home from Southampton in the pouring rain. The weekend has been busy but such fun. Glad your trip was wonderful and looking forward to hearing all your news .
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Jane, I do enjoy these holiday posts! We're still trying to catch up with some of the decorating, baking, blogging and holiday fun here...But feeling a little like Billy! Your mince pies looked so delicious- I've been meaning to try a simpler "bar" recipe, now that those pics have me thinking about it again! Wishing you all the joys of the season! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am so glad you enjoy my countdown to Christmas Michele - I love to spread some festive cheer at my favourite time of the year!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  26. So pretty and I especially like your pies too. You're making me feel very holiday lazy. Maybe I'll just live the season vicariously? :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Linda everyone should live Christmas just the way they like to...and I am quite happy to provide lots of excitement here ;0)
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fabolous creation (and pics)!!! Thanks for playing along with us at our last challenge at LOTV!
    Hugs, Lena Katrine

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks Lena it's sad this is the last lotv challenge but I am glad it will still continue albeit in a different format.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very cute cards, Love it...
    Please visit my challenge blog at www.DigiDarla.com sometime. XXX~DigiDarla

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks Didgi and hello!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a great card!
    Love the DP`s and the colors :)
    Thank you for joining us at PfP,
    hugs from Maya

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks Maya and a Merry Christmas,
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x